Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to clean a mousepad without damaging it? Mine is a floppy one, so I was thinking of just taking a wet paper towel and scrubbing it. Maybe 91% Alchohol would be best? I just want to clean it as I'm getting my brand new G9x today. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Floppy? Either way a damp towel PERHAPS with some detergent will do the job. You don't really need alcohol to clean your mouse pad unless you have grime in there that is water insoluble.

Also it's pretty difficult to damage your mouse unless your mousepad is sandpaper or just a big mat of dust.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used hot water this morning, got home from work at 3:30 and opened up my G9x, totally slides across the mousepad with no effort. Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
In order to keep dust and other things off my mousepad, I use a lint roller made from scotch. Basically the adhesive sucks all the dust and other things clean off the mousepad. It looks brand new after 30 seconds of that and its a QCK heavy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo;14146229
Floppy? Either way a damp towel PERHAPS with some detergent will do the job. You don't really need alcohol to clean your mouse pad unless you have grime in there that is water insoluble.

Also it's pretty difficult to damage your mouse unless your mousepad is sandpaper or just a big mat of dust.
Alcohol is soluble in water.
cool.gif

Well, at least cleaning alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts