Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting an SSd but has no trim program! Wat cleaning / triming program will I need to clean my SSd so it does not get full.

I plan on putting my os and games on my ssd!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have a smaller drive just for my OS...Yes I wanted one back a while ago and paid a decent penny for it so had to get a small drive...For a 32GB drive with my OS on it and basic programs I still have about 9GB's free...I use the one click cleaner from Windows 7 Manager to clean junk files and whatnot...I have yet to notice any decrease in performance since I had it...Yes my drive does NOT support TRIM...If you can afford and find a decent drive that supports TRIM go for it...Better to have it just to be able to write over empty sectors more efficiently...But like I said I had my OS install on my 32GB SSd for over 3 months and have yet to see it slow down on me...

I have a b/u 500GB drive for bigger programs and game installs...

GL

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
I've done nothing to either of my G1 X25s, I just partitioned and installed Win7 on them.

No issues. No performance loss. One about 6 months occasional use, the other (used just about all day, every day) about 6 weeks.
..a

1 - 4 of 4 Posts