Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Overclocking is my game.
1,924 Posts
I just use rubbing alcohol to clean the pads on my cpu's, it works good enough.

·

13,020 Posts
Q-Tip and Isopropanol is what I use.

·
*cough* Stock *cough*
2,777 Posts
If they are not dirty, just leave them be.

They are surface mount soldered parts and can be cleaned with care(a brush of some kind would likely work better on those.), but if you are rough, you may be able to knock on off and that would not be good at all.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaslice View Post

How do I clean the back part of the cpu?
This bit:

Thanks
why the need to clean? Risking too much trying to clean. I picture broken resistors, bent pin or two. if anything get a can of compressed air and blow of the dust. did you by chance get some heatsink compound on the under side?

·
*cough* Stock *cough*
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ht_addict View Post

why the need to clean? Risking too much trying to clean. I picture broken resistors, bent pin or two. if anything get a can of compressed air and blow of the dust. did you by chance get some heatsink compound on the under side?
It is LGA. no pins to bend
tongue.gif

missing surface mount parts is a possible issue for sure if one is not careful.

·
*cough* Stock *cough*
2,777 Posts
Small electrical parts such as resistors or caps. You can also have chips regulators coils transistors and other surface mount parts,

Surface mount just refers to how they attach to the sub straight or board. They are soldered to pads on the surface of the board or sub straight instead of placed into holes and soldered to the backside(Through Hole). While not as secure as through hole mounting the parts are so light and the lack or much shorter leads on parts actually has many advantages in high speed devices.

Wikipedia article that may explain it better
smile.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-mount_technology

·
Registered
747 Posts
80+percent rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol. if something needs to be cleaned badly like a cpu or gpu i usually let it take a bath in denatured alcohol lol.
smile.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts