Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. Does any one know of a program, or some way to make MPEG files a bit smaller?
Need more details? Just ask.

Any one?

Better question...what is the smallest video format?

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kagaos
Just a quick question. Does any one know of a program, or some way to make MPEG files a bit smaller?
Need more details? Just ask.

Any one?

Better question...what is the smallest video format?
Dvdshrink works really well, especially if you're backing up a movie. It'll allow you to get rid of the extra audio or video that you don't need in order to copy without compressing. If you do need to compress or simply want to, you can set it any way you want, but if you don't burn the "extras" on the dvd, you can usually do the whole thing without any compressing whatsoever. Another trick you can do if it's close is to cut out the credits, since you never watch those anyways.

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472
Dvdshrink works really well, especially if you're backing up a movie. It'll allow you to get rid of the extra audio or video that you don't need in order to copy without compressing. If you do need to compress or simply want to, you can set it any way you want, but if you don't burn the "extras" on the dvd, you can usually do the whole thing without any compressing whatsoever. Another trick you can do if it's close is to cut out the credits, since you never watch those anyways.
He's asking about MPEG not a DVD file.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Umm...I am not compressing a movie. I just made a "home" video, using a digital camera. I would like to compress it to 20mb or lower (from 36) to get it on a website.
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts