Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are probably wounder what does he mean by that?! I will show you!
Attachment 172590
Attachment 172592
Attachment 172593
Attachment 172591

Will you look at that! Custom graphic card shroud!

Cooling: I redid the thermal pads for the V-regs, I added a thermal pad on top of the memory choke and the voltage choke since the heatsink was unable to fully cover it. I did all this to keep my card cooler, last longer and will keep it very stable under extreme OC's due to the added cooling. I also added a ramp in the back to help redirect the airflow so the air can easily escape out of the shroud. Very little air comes out the top of the card and most is shot out the back. The "u" shaped around the hole were the fan would be, I made it a little farther back away from the fan so the capacitors behind the fan(near the end of the PCB) can get cool air.

I'm currently re-doing the shroud and instead of useing cardboard to support the top, I will be using styerfoam since it will look better and support it better.

Temps: GREATLY IMPROVED!!!!! I decided to start the pc up and had a fan directly on the card and fired Furmark! I touched the V-reg and they were quite warm and the heatsink was geting mighty hot. I then put the shroud on it and it cools it perfectly well and redirects the cool air all over the heatsink rather then fling it all over the place.

Recomendation: I highley recomend any of you useing a single block like me to consider making something similar to keep your card cool. Easiest would be to just add a heatsink.

Any questions please ask as I am here to help!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,374 Posts
Screenshots of your improved temps or it didn't happen.

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
I love Ghetto (cardboard) Shrouds! It would be nice to see the shroud in styrofoam though, that would be a first for me! Yeah screenshots! screenshots!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts