Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an nVidia 9800GXT+ OC, and it comes with an internal fan, but the card still gets pretty hot - Are there any GPU coolers that would work with this card?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
or you could just liquid cool

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
use Rivatuner to adjust the fan speed manually, set it to 80% and see the difference. I personally run my 8800GT's at 92%

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlesstech View Post
I have an nVidia 9800GXT+ OC, and it comes with an internal fan, but the card still gets pretty hot - Are there any GPU coolers that would work with this card?
What's 'pretty hot'?

Yes, there are plenty of coolers that will work with your card. HR-03's are particularly nice...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCBrown.CA View Post
What's 'pretty hot'?

Yes, there are plenty of coolers that will work with your card. HR-03's are particularly nice...
I usually top out at about 56c, under normal conditions - But the top [ Circuit board ] of the card feels very warm to the touch...

How do I change the fan speed in RivaTuner? Never used it before

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Lol 56 is my Idle temp
. That is no were near 'hot'

The GPU temps cannot be compared to CPU temps. Even 80C is ok for a GPU. I run mine at 80+ while folding and it's been going strong. 56C is nothing at all. If you were loading at 80C then it would be reasonable to get a cooler. Leave it as it is. Of course it will feel hot but thats normal

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlesstech View Post
I usually top out at about 56c, under normal conditions - But the top [ Circuit board ] of the card feels very warm to the touch...

How do I change the fan speed in RivaTuner? Never used it before

Thats ice old for a GFX card. My 8800GTS used to go 90c when gaming... still living strong, altough it never breaks 40c on water.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazakia View Post
Lol 56 is my Idle temp
. That is no were near 'hot'

The GPU temps cannot be compared to CPU temps. Even 80C is ok for a GPU. I run mine at 80+ while folding and it's been going strong. 56C is nothing at all. If you were loading at 80C then it would be reasonable to get a cooler. Leave it as it is. Of course it will feel hot but thats normal

your card is not hot this mine with 2 monitors at stock fan speeds it idols at 58c
LL

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypcisugly View Post
your card is not hot this mine with 2 monitors at stock fan speeds it idols at 58c
Nice little Sidebar thingie....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.