Overclock.net banner

how to disable AI suite from startup

218452 55
hello guys i have jsut isntaled aisuite cause sometimes i used it to do some minor tweaks. i would liek to disable it from autostart since it lags myh pc at boot. is there a way to do it? i tryed in msconfig but after a reboot it starts up anyways
  • Rep+
Reactions: DrPhD
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is a log of startup apps i got enabled/disabled.
YesHKCU:RunRocketDock"C:\Program Files (x86)\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
YesHKLM:RunBCU"C:\Program Files (x86)\DeviceVM\Browser Configuration Utility\BCU.exe"
YesHKLM:RunMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware"C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
YesHKLM:RunEvtMgr6C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe /launchGaming
YesHKLM:RunRtHDVCplC:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
YesHKLM:RunIgfxTrayC:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
YesHKLM:RunHotKeysCmdsC:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
YesHKLM:RunPersistenceC:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
YesHKLM:RunIntelliPoint"C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
YesHKLM:RunMSC"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
NoHKLM:RunAdobeAAMUpdater-1.0"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe"
NoHKLM:RunAdobeCS5.5ServiceManager"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS5.5ServiceManager\CS5.5ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
NoHKLM:RunASUS ShellProcess ExecuteC:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\ASUS Mobilink\Simulator\AsShellProcess.exe
NoHKLM:RunAthBtTray"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\AthBtTray.exe"
NoHKLM:RunAtherosBtStack"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\BtvStack.exe"
NoHKLM:RunJMB36X IDE SetupC:\Windows\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe
NoHKLM:RunLaunch LCore"C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\LCore.exe" /minimized
NoHKLM:RunMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware (reboot)"C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript
NoHKLM:RunMSUTrayC:\Program Files (x86)\Marvell\storage\tray\MarvellTray.exe
NoHKLM:RunOODefragTrayC:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodtray.exe
NoHKLM:RunPlusServiceC:\Program Files (x86)\Messenger Plus!\PlusService.exe
NoHKLM:RunSunJavaUpdateSched"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
NoHKLM:RunSwitchBoardC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
NoHKLM:RunVIRTUC:\Program Files\Lucidlogix Technologies\VIRTU\VirtuControlPanel.Exe /hide
NoHKLM:RunVirtualCloneDrive"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe" /s

· Not new to Overclock.net
84,195 Posts
There is, actually. Check it out (source, hehe):

Posted by me on 7-25-11:

I just figured out how to make AI Suite II stop starting with Windows (I had to do some careful Googling)! After following these instructions, it will always be on your terms unless you undo these changes. So if you have AI Suite II installed but you don't want it to start with Windows anymore, then follow these instructions:
  1. Open Task Scheduler (in Vista and 7, open the Start Menu, type task scheduler, and then press Enter)
  2. On the far left side, expand Task Scheduler Library
  3. Select "ASUS"
  4. In the middle, you'll see two Tasks named "ASUS AI Suite II Execute", and "ASUS DigiVRM Help"
  5. Right-click them and choose "Disable" (you can select both by holding down either Shift or Ctrl and left clicking them)
  6. Close Task Manager
So now AI Suite II will no longer start with Windows! The best part is that AI Suite II will not automatically undo these changes any time you open it, so now it's just like any other program. You can also Shut Down or Restart while AI Suite II is running, and it will still not cause it to start with Windows.
smile.gif

However, there are still a bunch of processes running in the background! Fortunately, you can easily disable all of them and never have to worry about it! Here's how:
  1. Open Services.msc (open the Start Menu, type services.msc, and then press Enter)
  2. Look for the following services:
    • ASUS Com Service
    • ASUS HM Com Service
    • ASUS System Control Service
  3. Change both "ASUS Com Service" and "ASUS HM Com Service" to Manual.
  4. Change "ASUS System Control Service" to Disabed.
So now when you open AI Suite II, it will still be able to start both "ASUS Com Service" and "ASUS HM Com Service" (both of these start up a few other processes at the same time). I mean, if these were set to Disabled, then you'd get an error.
smile.gif

Note: every single process that gets started by these two services will continue running even after completely exiting AI Suite II. Fortunately, they do not automatically start with Windows! So if you wanted to be in complete control and always stop them right after exiting AI Suite II, then go into Services.msc, right-click the two services we set to "manual", and then choose "Stop".
biggrin.gif
Although, you'll have to remember to do this every single time if you are a person like me who likes to keep everything under control. hehe

84,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59;15277867
Start > Run... > Type msconfig. Then go to startup programs.

For services use services.msc as TwoCables said.
Msconfig doesn't work for this. Besides, msconfig is not for permanent changes. It is just a diagnostic utility for rooting out problems.

84,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystKid;15277951
rep+ for TwoCAbles. worked perfectly.

thanx
You're very welcome.

(so yeah, I still have AI Suite II installed but I never use it)

84,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystKid;15278458
same here.. i use it once in a while. aisuite makes the boot process very slow i notused
Yeah, I'm not impressed by ASUS's software in any way at all. Like, I have their GTX 580 DirectCU II and so I tried the overclocking software it came with, but it was lame (it looked like an amateur made it). So I am still using Afterburner.

So yeah, Ai Suite II: yuck.
smile.gif
The only time I open it is if it will help me answer someone's question somehow.

• Rep+
Reactions: BouncingBall

· Registered
3,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

There is, actually. Check it out (source, hehe):
Posted by me on 7-25-11:
I just figured out how to make AI Suite II stop starting with Windows (I had to do some careful Googling)! After following these instructions, it will always be on your terms unless you undo these changes. So if you have AI Suite II installed but you don't want it to start with Windows anymore, then follow these instructions:
  1. Open Task Scheduler (in Vista and 7, open the Start Menu, type task scheduler, and then press Enter)
  2. On the far left side, expand Task Scheduler Library
  3. Select "ASUS"
  4. In the middle, you'll see two Tasks named "ASUS AI Suite II Execute", and "ASUS DigiVRM Help"
  5. Right-click them and choose "Disable" (you can select both by holding down either Shift or Ctrl and left clicking them)
  6. Close Task Manager
So now AI Suite II will no longer start with Windows! The best part is that AI Suite II will not automatically undo these changes any time you open it, so now it's just like any other program. You can also Shut Down or Restart while AI Suite II is running, and it will still not cause it to start with Windows.
smile.gif

However, there are still a bunch of processes running in the background! Fortunately, you can easily disable all of them and never have to worry about it! Here's how:
  1. Open Services.msc (open the Start Menu, type services.msc, and then press Enter)
  2. Look for the following services:
    • ASUS Com Service
    • ASUS HM Com Service
    • ASUS System Control Service
  3. Change both "ASUS Com Service" and "ASUS HM Com Service" to Manual.
  4. Change "ASUS System Control Service" to Disabed.
So now when you open AI Suite II, it will still be able to start both "ASUS Com Service" and "ASUS HM Com Service" (both of these start up a few other processes at the same time). I mean, if these were set to Disabled, then you'd get an error.
smile.gif

Note: every single process that gets started by these two services will continue running even after completely exiting AI Suite II. Fortunately, they do not automatically start with Windows! So if you wanted to be in complete control and always stop them right after exiting AI Suite II, then go into Services.msc, right-click the two services we set to "manual", and then choose "Stop".
biggrin.gif
Although, you'll have to remember to do this every single time if you are a person like me who likes to keep everything under control. hehe
Just a quicky that you can do to not have to go into services.msc everytime if you want these two services stopped. Just create a little batch file and leave it on your desktop (or where ever you want it). Run the batch file and it will stop both of these services with a simple double-click of the file.

Steps:

• Click the start menu orb and type in Notepad.exe
  • Copy and paste the following into it
Code:

Code:
Net stop "ASUS Com Service"
Net stop "ASUS HM Com Service"
  • Save the file to the desktop (name it whatever you would like)
  • On the desktop change the file extension from ".txt" to ".bat"
  • Select "Yes" on the pop-up.
There you go! Now when you want those two services to stop just double-click on the batch file that you just created and it will show a cmd application window (black box) that will disappear once both of the services have stopped.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Oh, and yes you can add any of the services that are listed in the services.msc to your batch file (as long as the OS will let you.... There are some that the OS needs to be running for the OS not to crash) if you find yourself in there stopping them manually all of the time. Just double-click the service that you want to add to your batch file and copy the verbiage to the right of the "Display name:" line and paste it into your batch file. You can even create a separate batch file to start the applications automatically as well by changing "Net stop" to "Net start". Really convenient for running benchmarks!

Cheers!

84,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Sorry to bump the thread,

How can i do this in Windows 8?
It's all good.

I don't know. To be honest, I wouldn't even have Ai Suite installed.

· Premium Member
17,746 Posts
I actually wanted to take advantage of the fast charging abilities but sometimes I believe they are gimmicks.

84,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

I actually wanted to take advantage of the fast charging abilities but sometimes I believe they are gimmicks.
Oh damn.

I don't know if there's any truth to the fast charging abilities, but if there is then I genuinely hope that you get this figured out.

· Premium Member
17,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Oh damn.

I don't know if there's any truth to the fast charging abilities, but if there is then I genuinely hope that you get this figured out.
Yeah I dont know either maybe someone can fill it in.

Also the USB Boost 3.0 seems a nice feature but again I have no idea if they actually make a difference.

Otherwise I would dump Asus Suite'2's sorry ass.
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.