Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in doing this, but how do you actually start doing it; I read like 5 FAQS, and they all explained what it was but not how to actually do it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Go here and download the program. Install it and enter 37726 as the team #. Then post your folding name here .

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Have you read the folding FAQ that's linked in my sig? If not, there is lots of good info there. If you have read that and it didn't serve your needs, please let me know what additional info would be helpful. I'll be happy to incorporate your comments.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I donwloaded the program and I left it on for awhile and it says 1650/3000 frames completed. How do I get credit for this? Meaning like the score that everyone has below their avatar as well as overall points.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
It just gives you credit automatically when it completes the WU. The only interaction you need to have with the program is to start it. After that it just runs, no further input needed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It's only using around 40-50% of my CPU; can I set it to use more? Also, if I exit out for a bit to play games; when I restart it will it pick up where it left off?

·
Registered
604 Posts
After your first WU is done your score will show up on their website (It might take an hour). Post in the thread called. "Folders Check In Here," with the name you gave it during setup. It might take a day or two, but you'll get the red protein postbit and your team rank will be there as well.

EDIT:
To get it to run faster hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and find the process (FahCore_##.exe) and raise it's thread priority. Don't raise it above Normal or you might start having other programs get slow. I also raise Explorer.exe to High just to be sure everything will run smoothly.

And yes, it'll pick up where it left off.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Since you have a dual core I don't think you'd even have to turn it off. Remember you have two seperate cores on that one die. If you set it to run off of one CPU instead of splitting the load between two, you could leave it on and play your game if you wanted to.

But if you did shut it down, it would see how much of the WU you completed and then pick up right where it left off at.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Auchter

After your first WU is done your score will show up on their website (It might take an hour). Post in the thread called. "Folders Check In Here," with the name you gave it during setup. It might take a day or two, but you'll get the red protein postbit and your team rank will be there as well.

EDIT:
To get it to run faster hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and find the process (FahCore_##.exe) and raise it's thread priority. Don't raise it above Normal or you might start having other programs get slow. I also raise Explorer.exe to High just to be sure everything will run smoothly.

And yes, it'll pick up where it left off.

Thanks
I didn't really listen though, I set it to High; not Realtime though. Everything seems to be running fine; it raised CPU usage to 58% though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts