Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I'm looking into building a computer for trading purposes and I need to have 6 monitors for the software(s) that I will be running. I've looked into AMD's eyefinity technology, but there isn't much information on their site (outdated) or on the internet in general. Their site claims that any card will run 6 monitors, but the newest video cards by AMD only have 1 x DP. Usually, their setup is as such: 2x DVI, 1x DP and 1x HDMI.

My question is: Is it possible to run 6 monitors on a single card or do I have to buy 2 cards (not in Crossfire) and connect 3 monitors/screen?

I'm looking into their Radeon R9 360/370/380 models.

Thank you in advance!

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhold View Post

Hi Guys!

I'm looking into building a computer for trading purposes and I need to have 6 monitors for the software(s) that I will be running. I've looked into AMD's eyefinity technology, but there isn't much information on their site (outdated) or on the internet in general. Their site claims that any card will run 6 monitors, but the newest video cards by AMD only have 1 x DP. Usually, their setup is as such: 2x DVI, 1x DP and 1x HDMI.

My question is: Is it possible to run 6 monitors on a single card or do I have to buy 2 cards (not in Crossfire) and connect 3 monitors/screen?

I'm looking into their Radeon R9 360/370/380 models.

Thank you in advance!
You will need either two cards, or one of the cards that has 6 mini display port connectors.

You can set newegg to show cards with the 6 DP connectors to look at the options: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709%20600050352

·
Premium Member
20,153 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts