Overclock.net banner

2161 - 2180 of 2338 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,161
I'm not sure that's true. On my setup with the FTW BIOS i can clearly see my clocks go down to 1987MHz from 2000MHz whenever "1" is displayed on the Power limit graph, even though i'm only at 113% out of 127% power usage.
You using the FTW3 Kingpin Fix BIOS in BestBiosCollection.zip in thread OP?

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
You using the FTW3 Kingpin Fix BIOS in BestBiosCollection.zip in thread OP?
I am yes, but as a previous post mentioned, I am running over 67c so that might be the cause of the power limit?

·
Like a fox!
2,522 Posts
I am yes, but as a previous post mentioned, I am running over 67c so that might be the cause of the power limit?
Temperatures do not "Cause" the power limit in pascal cards. Pascal cards can and will hit the power limit if they're running at -20c, 5c, or 80c. Just putting that in there.

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,164 (Edited)
Little question:
I hav to run the Batch every restart to get the powerlimit up.
MSI Afterburner is pushing it back to stock everytime(Fresh install).

Do i have "only" have to set the powerlimit in MSI afterurner up to the max?

I think that was the problem for me the last time i tried to flash it to the fixed FTW bios
I'm on the newest version of Windows and my power limit is resetting every boot as well. I had to add an event in Task Manager for the .bat file to run 30 seconds after login. Older updates of Windows never had this problem. :(

Edit: I installed Afterburner applying settings on boot and now my power limit stays on boot with voltage bar enabled and power limit maxed out. :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice, ty for the info. I had this problem too. I was getting mad i thought more in drivers than on windows, but ive newest too.

·
Manual breath enabled
1,261 Posts
I'm on the newest version of Windows and my power limit is resetting every boot as well. I had to add an event in Task Manager for the .bat file to run 30 seconds after login. Older updates of Windows never had this problem. :(

Edit: I installed Afterburner applying settings on boot and now my power limit stays on boot with voltage bar enabled and power limit maxed out. :D
flashed the ftw kingpin bios one more time. Somehow i just cant udnerstand why my powerusage wont got over 300W

Flashed the bios etc.
Shunt modded card has no problems and the other wont pass 292W GPU Power. somehow "funny"

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I have an EVGA 1080Ti FE 11GB card from launch that I swapped on a hybrid cooler and finally went to a full custom loop. I had the stock vBIOS on it from day 1 and did some tests this morning and saw that I was CONSTANTLY hitting power and voltage perf throttle without any OC.

I flashed the S1080TIXOCNoPowerLimit.rom from the zip file, rebooted, and stock with boost (I think it's boost) is now 1999Mhz without any throttling at all. It constantly stays at that clock. If I increase by 50Mhz Time Spy will throw an error randomly when starting one of the scenes.

Is there anything more I can do to push this a little farther? Would be great to hit 2100 stable but I may not be able to.

I can't read this entire thread but the first couple of pages actually says the ASUS bios is doing nothing but it definitely did in my case.

Time Spy Stock vBIOS 9921
Time Spy Strix XOC vBIOS 10461

I haven't played with any of the other bioses so I am not sure if there will be too much of a difference.

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Hi,
Resistor shunt mod.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,122 Posts
Hello,

I have an EVGA 1080Ti FE 11GB card from launch that I swapped on a hybrid cooler and finally went to a full custom loop. I had the stock vBIOS on it from day 1 and did some tests this morning and saw that I was CONSTANTLY hitting power and voltage perf throttle without any OC.

I flashed the S1080TIXOCNoPowerLimit.rom from the zip file, rebooted, and stock with boost (I think it's boost) is now 1999Mhz without any throttling at all. It constantly stays at that clock. If I increase by 50Mhz Time Spy will throw an error randomly when starting one of the scenes.

Is there anything more I can do to push this a little farther? Would be great to hit 2100 stable but I may not be able to.

I can't read this entire thread but the first couple of pages actually says the ASUS bios is doing nothing but it definitely did in my case.

Time Spy Stock vBIOS 9921
Time Spy Strix XOC vBIOS 10461

I haven't played with any of the other bioses so I am not sure if there will be too much of a difference.
You need to increase your voltage also. Even XOC BIOS will not boost past 1.063v or something like that. In MSI Afterburner, press CTRL+F to bring up the curve and drag the line at the voltage point you want to the speed you want. Mine is perfectly stable at 2100MHz at 1.10v with this BIOS, without needing any physical mods. I've benched up to 2200MHz on 1.2v, as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is 1.10v the cap without modding? Whenever I set it higher it caps out at 1.10v

EDIT: Nevermind. The curve is not as intuitive as most other curve settings. I had to lower the clock speed on others to get it to what I wanted.

EDIT 2: Was crashing at 1.10v, got it to 1.125v and it finished the benchmark at 10760 so definitely an improvement. Thank you :) at least now I know what I need to play with in that respect.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,122 Posts

·
Like a fox!
2,522 Posts
Even XOC BIOS will not boost past 1.063v or something like that.
This is incorrect. The XOC bios will let you go all the way up to 1.200v. Just set a custom curve in afterburner and go and it does it. But doing so will degrade your card if you do it for 24-7 daily usage long-term.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,122 Posts
This is incorrect. The XOC bios will let you go all the way up to 1.200v. Just set a custom curve in afterburner and go and it does it. But doing so will degrade your card if you do it for 24-7 daily usage long-term.
I'm talking about a flash and go scenario, which applies to the user I'm quoting. You have to tinker a little to get custom voltages.

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,174 (Edited)

·

72 Posts
Funny to see that both XOC and K|NGP|N bios are worse than the stock FTW3 slave bios. I can run my 1080Ti FTW3 at 2100MHz by 1.093v which i could never achieve with the XOC and K|NGP|N bios. Also the memory seems to be slightly more overclockable.
Middle GPU is an actual K|NGP|N 1080Ti.

Attachments

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Hi,
Doesn't the 1080ti king pin have it's own slave vbios ?

·
Like a fox!
2,522 Posts
Funny to see that both XOC and K|NGP|N bios are worse than the stock FTW3 slave bios. I can run my 1080Ti FTW3 at 2100MHz by 1.093v which i could never achieve with the XOC and K|NGP|N bios. Also the memory seems to be slightly more overclockable.
Middle GPU is an actual K|NGP|N 1080Ti.
That's because both bios's are supposed to go on custom-PCB designs and both are designed for liquid nitrogen / LN2. They're not designed for normal air cooling or water cooling. That's why they're not that great when used on a normal air cooled card, or even a reference PCB Card.

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,178
Here is the correct way, like I told you before that link is outdated and for much older versions of Afterburner.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1625653-how-get-voltage-slider-afterburner-working-1080-ti.html

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,770 Posts
wrong thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been using the XOC BIOS pretty much since this thread started. Card has been running at 2000MHz - 1.111v under load with no drops without having to mess with anything else so that's good.

I'm now finally at a point where I need the 3rd DP output (for the Index) so wondering if there's a comparable BIOS available that will allow me to use all 3 DPs (and the HDMI) on my 1080Ti FE? :)

2161 - 2180 of 2338 Posts