Overclock.net banner

2401 - 2414 of 2414 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you mean 8+8 and 6+8, no 1080 Ti is 4 anything. But my video card is the EVGA 1080 Ti SC Black Edition which uses the same physical PCB/card as yours (reference design PCB) and I have used the FTW3 bios on my card before and it worked perfectly fine, even though the EVGA FTW3 is 8+8 and mine is 6+8. I see in the screenshot that you're pushing only 278 watts through your card right now. I'm actually using the Asus STRIX XOC bios on mine and I commonly push 400-430 watts through my card daily in lots of games I play. It's been running like this fine for years since 2017. The cards can handle extra power with no issues in my experience. I'll have to look later and compare the I/O ports on your card vs the FTW3 though to see if you'll lose any display outputs. I just don't have time right now in the day to sit and compare photos and stuff.
OK whats funny now,im playing cod,i have temporary 1080p monitor so it does not hit 100%,i will get 2k soon again and it will hit 100%
Look,no throttle,volts 1+,core speed - super
***?
under load,max 0.8,throttles,***?

NOW llook,u ran furmark
it wont go more than 0.8 even tho it hits 100% load,*** IS THIS CARD DOING??? and on 80% load it works perfect.

Not enough PSU power delivered through connectors? heres my psu mp700 mars

·
Like a fox!
2,731 Posts
OK whats funny now,im playing cod,i have temporary 1080p monitor so it does not hit 100%,i will get 2k soon again and it will hit 100%
Look,no throttle,volts 1+,core speed - super
***?
under load,max 0.8,throttles,***?

NOW llook,u ran furmark
it wont go more than 0.8 even tho it hits 100% load,*** IS THIS CARD DOING??? and on 80% load it works perfect.
It's not funny at all. It's logical: 1080p is significantly less load on the card so of course it's going to not run as hard. At 1080p it's not likely for the card to be hitting power limits and throttling and all of that because it's not that much of a load for the card. However 2K is twice the load vs 1080p and you're likely always going to be at 100% load on a 1080 Ti in every game trying to run 2K on this card no matter what. And of course 2K is going to cause the card to hit power limits and start throttling and all of that due to the higher load placed on the card.

It won't go to full voltage in furmark because the nvidia driver detects furmark as a "Power Virus". The nvidia driver will not allow any nvidia card to run at 100% when in furmark because furmark was literally frying / killing cards years ago so nvidia actively took steps to prevent cards from being maxed out in furmark. Do not use furmark to load test your video card. Use 3dmark instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not funny at all. It's logical: 1080p is significantly less load on the card so of course it's going to not run as hard. At 1080p it's not likely for the card to be hitting power limits and throttling and all of that because it's not that much of a load for the card. However 2K is twice the load vs 1080p and you're likely always going to be at 100% load on a 1080 Ti in every game trying to run 2K on this card no matter what. And of course 2K is going to cause the card to hit power limits and start throttling and all of that due to the higher load placed on the card.

It won't go to full voltage in furmark because the nvidia driver detects furmark as a "Power Virus". The nvidia driver will not allow any nvidia card to run at 100% when in furmark because furmark was literally frying / killing cards years ago so nvidia actively took steps to prevent cards from being maxed out in furmark. Do not use furmark to load test your video card. Use 3dmark instead.
Since I dont have other monitor i realised there is settings in call of duty where you can upscale graphics as much as you want,so whats what i did to test.
Anyone knows how to get rid of "we have detected fan ..... " thing? Since I disconnected fans. My gpu hot pretty hot btw ~.~ Need to raise radiator coolers speed and maybe even waterblock
because i guess they spin now just on some random speed.FUNNY THING? NO POWER LIMITS WITH MY DIY COOLING LOL EVEN THO IM FRYING.

Gyazo

·
Like a fox!
2,731 Posts
Since I dont have other monitor i realised there is settings in call of duty where you can upscale graphics as much as you want,so whats what i did to test.
Anyone knows how to get rid of "we have detected fan ..... " thing? Since I disconnected fans. My gpu hot pretty hot btw ~.~ Need to raise radiator coolers speed and maybe even waterblock
because i guess they spin now just on some random speed.FUNNY THING? NO POWER LIMITS WITH MY DIY COOLING LOL EVEN THO IM FRYING.
You can't just go with the water cooler on the core only and nothing else on these cards. You have to have a fan on the VRM's too. If you don't you'll fry it. That's probably your problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Then why is your GPU core reading 86c and hot spot 100c? Something is wrong with your setup. Even hybrid 1080 Ti's don't run that hot.
GPU core with stock cooler 86 is very normal. Blowers run hot.
Since its diy sometimes waterblock dont work at good speeds i need to figure out why.
Today after few games same settings
happend before,even before i configured this way coolers wont turn on till GPU hits 90,because it just didnt work at all,then it hits at high temp and starts working. now i did other motherboard placements but still watercooler dont know how to behave because its designed to run on cpu in cpu socket and understand heat levels and run depending on them. and this runs now without understanding anything. i think gigabyte control app not always applying what it should. need to find other software maybe. so yeah 55c 100% 0 power limits,thats what im talking about. my fan cpu dont go more than 45 now too since gpu is not so hot,it used to be about 55-65,even tho its blower still it was producing massive heat. i need to oc my ryzen 1700 :D i need to add water to my cpu too gpu temp will go down even more,case temp will go down,then i can oc the sht out of gpu and cpu lol

edit

So after heavy gaming 85c,well its normal temp to reach with blower.
But heres full speed water,its little noisy but now 59c which is perfect,i mean probably most of 1080ti runs 70-80 minimum
I just cant control water coolers speed either stock or FULL mode.
but with temps like 60c card runs flawless.

·
Like a fox!
2,731 Posts
But heres full speed water,its little noisy but now 59c which is perfect,i mean probably most of 1080ti runs 70-80 minimum
Just so you are aware: A friend of mine has the Gigabyte 1080 Ti WaterForce edition with the gigabyte water block and radiator and all of that / AIO and his maxes out at 50-55c under heavy gaming even in the summer. I have a 1080 Ti in a custom water loop with 4 radiators, 15 fans, 2 pumps, fan controller, etc and mine maxes out at 37c under heavy gaming with an unlocked bios and overclocking it. It is entirely possible for these cards to run nice and cool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just so you are aware: A friend of mine has the Gigabyte 1080 Ti WaterForce edition with the gigabyte water block and radiator and all of that / AIO and his maxes out at 50-55c under heavy gaming even in the summer. I have a 1080 Ti in a custom water loop with 4 radiators, 15 fans, 2 pumps, fan controller, etc and mine maxes out at 37c under heavy gaming with an unlocked bios and overclocking it. It is entirely possible for these cards to run nice and cool.
Yeah but he got original and i got diy :D Wow 37c very nice! Do you have a picture? Maybe I need to upgrade something. I do have fans but less than 15,I need to add maybe couple more around gpu,i have 2 fans added for vrm. How 4 radiatoris tho?

·
Like a fox!
2,731 Posts
Yeah but he got original and i got diy :D Wow 37c very nice! Do you have a picture? Maybe I need to upgrade something. I do have fans but less than 15,I need to add maybe couple more around gpu,i have 2 fans added for vrm. How 4 radiatoris tho?
I'm not fond of showing off my system online to the public because I used worm-drive clamps and barb fittings for connecting it. I prefer this kind of option because barb fittings are a lot cheaper than compression fittings and I feel more secure in my mind because I can tighten em down super tight and nearly crush the tubing to ensure no leaks ever. My setup isn't very "Pretty". It's more for functionality and high cooling capacity above all else. Most people on the internet would view my setup as "ugly" or insult me if they saw it. However if you use telegram I could find you and send you a video there privately.

I love my computer and I think it's awesome and the cooling performance is fantastic. But the rest of the internet doesn't think the same way I do about it. I learned trying to share it to reddit once that the internet is very cruel and mean. I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not fond of showing off my system online to the public because I used worm-drive clamps and barb fittings for connecting it. I prefer this kind of option because barb fittings are a lot cheaper than compression fittings and I feel more secure in my mind because I can tighten em down super tight and nearly crush the tubing to ensure no leaks ever. My setup isn't very "Pretty". It's more for functionality and high cooling capacity above all else. Most people on the internet would view my setup as "ugly" or insult me if they saw it. However if you use telegram I could find you and send you a video there privately.

I love my computer and I think it's awesome and the cooling performance is fantastic. But the rest of the internet doesn't think the same way I do about it. I learned trying to share it to reddit once that the internet is very cruel and mean. I won't make that mistake again.
You havent seen my mess :D Looks like pc parts trash can :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
You havent seen my mess :D Looks like pc parts trash can :D
Yeah I got 32 inc monitor and temps are crazy! Dont understand why it wasnt like that when I upped graphics to 1440. I think my watercooler is not high enough,maybe its touching but not enough. Im gonna add copper plate in between some time and maybe make custom plate with holes to fit properly instead using metal thread.

·
Registered
461 Posts

nowdays ppl water cool pc for the looks and not for functionality. i get what you mean ^^. most ppl cant think with their own heads, they just follow the herd.

·
Like a fox!
2,731 Posts
nowdays ppl water cool pc for the looks and not for functionality. i get what you mean ^^. most ppl cant think with their own heads, they just follow the herd.
If I water cooled things for just looks to make a super flashy / pretty machine it would cost at least twice as much for the water cooling parts vs what I did.

2401 - 2414 of 2414 Posts