Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 2344 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

It could, no risk in trying. I'm up from 2062 to 2100 core my 24/7 overclock.
biggrin.gif

I'm testing out the Aorus BIOS as soon as I can get it too.
smile.gif
So did you already test Aorus BIOS?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aorus BIOS dosnt work correctly on my Gigabyte 1080Ti, core clock is not stable and it's jumping from 900 to 1300 Mhz.

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandroX View Post

Aorus BIOS dosnt work correctly on my Gigabyte 1080Ti, core clock is not stable and it's jumping from 900 to 1300 Mhz.
Yeah i have tried them too and it does the same thing. only bios that sorta worked for me was the msi bios but i still got power throttling and it idled at 208Mhz instead of 138Mhz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not working too great for me keep hitting the power limit at a low clock/voltge. Not ever going over .9v but keeps hitting 115-120% tdp.
Thinking about doing the shunt mod to fix what do you guys think?
MSI 1080 TI FE w/ hybrid cooler.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmoser View Post

Not working too great for me keep hitting the power limit at a low clock/voltge. Not ever going over .9v 1800Mhz but keeps hitting 115-120% tdp.
EDIT: I misread... ignore comment about pump, I see 44C in your picture.

On water, I'm running out of stable before I run out of voltage, power or temp. Less true if I OC memory - those 11Gs seem to add up quick on the heat front, but with "stock" (strix) memory speeds, the cards are crashing long before overheating or volting.

Something odd there...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could the pump be pulling all the extra power? Should i buy an adapter for the pump to run it straight to the psu? its connected between the fan and gpu right now.

Set the fan speed / pump to the min and it made no difference so im assuming it doesn't take much to run it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
even tried the msi gaming x bios and it was the same and the fan at max was real slow as well then went back to stock and realized it still does it. Could this have anything to do with me using the 1080 hybrid kit on it not the ti one?(couldn't wait) **** im going to try routing the pump straight to the psu and have only the fan plugged into the card and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Quote:

Not working too great for me keep hitting the power limit at a low clock/voltge. Not ever going over .9v but keeps hitting 115-120% tdp.
Using Furmark: XD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:

Didnt have the right adapter and put some liquid metal on the resistors. Helped a bit as now hits the power limit at .9v instead of .8v haha

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedyMuffin View Post

I/O error, cannot open file asus etc.
Did you right click the files, Properties, Unblock?

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

Quote:

I/O error, cannot open file asus etc.
Did you right click the files, Properties, Unblock?
And unzip them?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It will not open any files? Tried first 1080ti.rom (what I renamed it after) and then 345235.rom (just some random stuff) same error..:hmm:

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Quote:

It will not open any files? Tried first 1080ti.rom (what I renamed it after) and then 345235.rom (just some random stuff) same error..:hmm:
You using the nvflash64 command or just nvflash?

And are you running the command prompt as Admin?

And did you do nvflash64 -protectoff

And you need to do the --index=0 or 1 thing depending on which card is your 1080 Ti.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Working great on my EVGA 1080Ti, sadly i dont have a great clocker even with the Strix BIOS. Max i can do is 2038Mhz and sometimes 2050Mhz @ 1.093V. And +600Mhz on the Memory.

But In TimeSpy and FS Ultra, i no longer get the crazy core clock jumping around. Super stable @ 2038/2025Mhz depending on the temperature. Ill do the shunt mod over the weekend and report back.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yep. I've used the correct commands and opened CMD in admin. Still I/O error.. :/

41 - 60 of 2344 Posts