Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell do I flash teh bios to turn an LE into a Ultra.

I'm a complete n00b and will need alot of help in this thorough explanations are appreciated!

Thanks

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
see my sig for details, in short, you CANT flash an LE to an ultra, all u can do is OC it with coolbits.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure you can man, Ge-Force did it he showed me his screenshot, at least I think he did...

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
you cant. an LE uses a 64bit memory interface vs the ultras 128bit memory interface, and the LE only uses the old and slow TSOP memory where the ultra uses BGA DDR2 memory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket
you cant. an LE uses a 64bit memory interface vs the ultras 128bit memory interface, and the LE only uses the old and slow TSOP memory where the ultra uses BGA DDR2 memory.

n00bs, as far as I know, no 5700 has less than 128bit, only the ultra gots different memory ye. still I would like 2 know how 2 flash it 2 a normal 5700 instate of LE... and if its usefull, cause u win lots of preformence with and 9800 xt bios on a pro, also if u still let it run at pro stock speeds. I hoped something like that was prosable with a 5700le @ 5700 2

·
Registered
97 Posts
The 5700LE does have 128-bit memory interface, and if u don't belive me look at the Radeon 9600XT vs. FX5700LE thread, Geforce has some benchmarks to prove it. my question is cant u edit a bios like edit a Ultra or nu bios to work with the diff ram?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a eVGA 5700LE, i have heard the same, that you can flash the bios and at least push it to the normal 5700. I got mine clocked at 400/508 right now and i screwed everything up when i installed the newest forceware, it dropped my 3Dmark down from 9800 to like 7600, im trying to get things smoothed out again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh sorry it took me so long to participate in this thread again, I did start it... I did a little reasearch into 5700LE specs and I found this - I have a 256MB 5700LE which DOES have 128 Bit memory however the 128MB 5700LE has only 64 Bit memory. So apparently you can flash the bios to turn it into an Ultra I was wondering if anyone has any ideas??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too would like to know how to flash the BIOS on a 5700LE to get it to a standard 5700 or an ultra. Somebody help me please!!!! I need to squeez as much out of this thing as possible

·
Registered
68 Posts
i personally think it could .... but im need some advice on the floor... the 5700LE is running at 1.29 V while the 5700 non Ultra and 5700U is running at 1.35 V ... with that among of voltage increase... will it still run .... this is something im affaraid of .... do you think its safe to flash the bios ? ...
oh ya... here is the webpage about the flashing thing... anyway ... do it with your own risk... and oh ya... here is the webpage.

http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?opt...er&filecatid=4

·
Banned
6,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpelks22
I too would like to know how to flash the BIOS on a 5700LE to get it to a standard 5700 or an ultra. Somebody help me please!!!! I need to squeez as much out of this thing as possible
just oc/vmod it it guys

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
you can't flash it to an ultra (GPU's aren't the same)...but you can flash it to a different bios with better speeds...my 5700le is flashed to a 5700...if somebody said it can't be done they obviously spent too much money on a 6800 or something to try....

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahb

oh wait ! did you flash your 5700LE to 5700NU ?

now you do it ?! did you change anything ?

and overclocked it

·
Banned
6,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE

and overclocked it

so u took a 5700nu and oced the bios then flashed it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts