Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using windows 7 my whole life and now have recently built a computer for my Fiance' with Windows 10 Pro. (It was a steal online)

So..... since there is a windows 10 store, and also an Xbox App?? I have no clue where I am purchasing Windows 10 only Games.

For Instance.

GOW

The Remastered Version of Gears of War (I have never owned an XBOX) that is available for Xbox or Windows 10.

Or do you buy the game as an xbox disc and play it through a cd drive?

What is the best way to purchase games for the computer? I really have no experience with this stuff other than steam, uplay, origin, etc.

TCO

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
You're still able to use Steam, Origin, Uplay just like you do on Windows 7. Gears of War Remastered or 4 will have to be bought from the Windows Store.

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensive View Post

You're still able to use Steam, Origin, Uplay just like you do on Windows 7. Gears of War Remastered or 4 will have to be bought from the Windows Store.
So the actual Windows store (After you make a microsoft account) is the best way to buy the games? Or is there another way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaggins View Post

You but w10 games through the games section of the store. Definitely recommend GoW 4
If purchasing games through the store, everything is optimized? Like SLI, DX 12?

TCO

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensive View Post

Gears of War/Halo War 2 can only be purchased exclusively through the Windows Store. Use Steam, GOG, Origin, Uplay for every other game. There shouldn't be a difference in performance between the storefronts.

Edit: I don't know how much of this has changed, but it's the reason I'll never bother buying games from the Windows Store: https://www.howtogeek.com/243012/why-you-shouldnt-buy-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-and-other-pc-games-from-the-windows-store/
Yea, I kind of read the same deal before creating the thread. Just wanted a couple different inputs. It would appear that the Exclusives (Really just GOW) would be necessary to purchase through MS for it to operate on windows 10. Most of the other games they offer are just apps. Forza could catch my attention, but that is debatable.

Appreciate everyones replies.
thumb.gif

TCO

·
Have you seen my Baseball
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post

Does win10 store allow you to select what hard drive to install games yet?
Last time I installed a game on there it allowed me to select my mechanical drive, but not my secondary ssd.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,471 Posts
Ignore the Windows 10 store and XBOX app when you can. If you really want a Windows Store exclusive then you have no choice. Otherwise you use Windows 10 just like 7. GOG, Steam, Origin for EA games, and whatever legitimate distributors of games for these stores you desire like Greenmangaming.

·
Overclocker
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake87 View Post

Last time I installed a game on there it allowed me to select my mechanical drive, but not my secondary ssd.
A real shame for sonething so rudimentary simple.
Sad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts