Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love a lot of THUMP coming out of my sub, but it seems that the only way to get thump is to turn the base up to the point that it becomes muddy. I have a X-Fi, and I dont understand half the settings so is there something in there I could set?

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuchan

what sort of sub is it, has it got a variable crossover you can play with.

What ever sup comes with the Creative Inspire 7700 7.1 system. I found the crossover setting in the X-Fi software and have been fiddling with that. Whats a good setting?

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy

What ever sup comes with the Creative Inspire 7700 7.1 system. I found the crossover setting in the X-Fi software and have been fiddling with that. Whats a good setting?

A good setting will be a little bit different for everybody and the placement has a lot to do with it as well, if its in the corner of a room it will give out more bass but not sound as clear compared to the center of a room which will be clearer and have more of a clean kick, I run a full blown home theatre system with my rig and 2 subs, 1 x 10 inch 400watt rms and another 12 inch 160 watt rms and run the 10 inch at about 60 HZ and the 12 at 100 HZ, now that kicks some serious butt!!! try it at about 80HZ, the general rule is put some vocal intense music or talking on and set the crossover to cut out when you can just hear the vocal sound through the sub. Give it a go and see how you go. Oh yeah and remember horsepower is very important, you could just not have the grunt to run it as hard as you like.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuchan

A good setting will be a little bit different for everybody and the placement has a lot to do with it as well, if its in the corner of a room it will give out more bass but not sound as clear compared to the center of a room which will be clearer and have more of a clean kick, I run a full blown home theatre system with my rig and 2 subs, 1 x 10 inch 400watt rms and another 12 inch 160 watt rms and run the 10 inch at about 60 HZ and the 12 at 100 HZ, now that kicks some serious butt!!! try it at about 80HZ, the general rule is put some vocal intense music or talking on and set the crossover to cut out when you can just hear the vocal sound through the sub. Give it a go and see how you go. Oh yeah and remember horsepower is very important, you could just not have the grunt to run it as hard as you like.

You might be right about the total power of the system. I think it has under 150w total for all speakers. I will try what you said and expirement a bit.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
You should not change the crossover on the x-fi, leave it disabled, the sub you have should have an automatic crossover built in, so you can put it to max volume with out distortion. set the bass boost to about 33hz going up to 150 that will give some extra bass also setting you graphic equaliser to techno or drum and bass

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
yo may have to change the box displacement around a little..i have an old cambridge dtt 2500 and it came wilth a little 4.5 20 watt max bandpass bowed sub, i tooke the port of the factrory sub and put it going into a 1.5 cu.in box with a 2"x6" bass port and i have lost some spl, but my god does the low end go down forever and clearity is way better also....dispite what most people think, its not all about power, is actually more about the encloser type and how well it is tuned to your sub and the type of sound u willbe playing through it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts