Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really have no idea on how to make things more stable other than raising vcore. Should I raise south/north bridge voltage? Raise ram speed? Lower ram speed? Tighten timings? Loosen timings?

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Raising Northbridge and Southbridge voltages does help stability. I think Northbridge is more beneficial than southbridge.<br><br>
Did you check sdumpers thread of overclocking his E6700 under phase? It's a long and tedious thread to read, but good information for you, including settings he used.<br><br>
Other settings depends on which part causes instability. Best is to find the max. for your different components (put RAM on heavy divider, and find CPU max, then put CPU on lowest multi and find RAM max, and finally put RAM on heavy divider and CPU on lowest multi to find max FSB). This will take a good amount of time, but once you know the stable settings of each of those three components you have a basis to work with.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Should there ever be an issue with temperature on the Nb or Sb?

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Yeah, there could be an issue with temps on those... but that's mostly in cases of bad ventilation, insufficient heatsinks on those chips, and/or extreme overclocks

• Rep+
Reactions: ae804

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
depends on whats making it unstable. the only three ways to improve stability are: lowering temps, lowering frequency, and raising voltage. raising voltage works against temps... but still adds stability.<br />
the only real cooling that is noticably different is air vs. water vs. phase. there are different degrees of goodness in each section but the biggest difference would be noticed inbetween the three.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts