Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am using a Intel BLKD945PLNML D945PLNML microATX LGA775 motherboard which has no onboard graphics on it. So I had to buy some new Geforce 210's from newegg and when I installed them into the pci e 16 slot they arent booting up to any image for the bios. The monitor simply says, power mode enabled.

Is a external card like this supposed to be able to work in a newly built computer? How do I go about getting these computers working with graphics. These are computers I have never ran windows on.

Any help would be fantastic,
thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post

youll need to plug into the on board graphics first, and enable pcie video in bios I'd imagine.
This motherboard does not have onboard video.

OP, if you are not getting any video please check you have plugged in the motherboard's 24-pin power AND the 4-pin power connector. If you only plug in the 24-pin you will get power up and fans spinning but no video.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
It does not have dedicated graphics so it should just boot. Did you hook up the cards to the PSU, also is the monitor on the right input? If the cards are hooked up to power, and the monitor is on the right input. Then I would take everything apart and slowly plug everything back in (except cpu so you don't have to reseat).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and another problem I started having was the motherboard starts up as soon as the power cord is plugged in to the PSU. Thing is, Im building 4 of these right now and that problem is the least of my concern. But if someone could help with that too it would be awesome!

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachhunter12 View Post

Hi thanks for the reply,

So what I have is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187209

You have me thinking I need to hook it up to power supply but, I didnt recieve any power cords in the box. And there is just a 2 pin output on the card so Im thinking it doesnt need power to it
You do not need to hook up that card to its own power, the socket alone will power it. Like the guy above me said make sure that both the 24pin and 4 pin are plugged into the mother board. So essentially you need two plugs from you psu going into the motherboard. One is normally on the side bottom, and the 4pin is normally near the cpu.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
If you've plugged both power connectors into the motherboard as indicated previously and still have no video please check your video cable is firmly seated and that you have your monitor set to the proper input. If you still get no video please try the other output on your card. If you still get no video you may have defective hardware.

·
Chainsaw noise far off
6,012 Posts
Quote:

You have me thinking I need to hook it up to power supply
He meant the power to the motherboard.Make sure both the 24 pin and the 4 pin are plugged in.

Intel motherboards can be picky about what ram they have in them.Some perfectly fine sticks may not work in them.

Also that is an older chipset that may not support newer lga 775 cpu's.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
what cpu do you have?

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
You can definitely short out your motherboard powering it on the way you have it sitting on that case. I have seen people kill motherboards in similar ways. Otherwise it looks setup correctly except the video card is not currently installed in that picture.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also for the problem of my motherboard starting up when turning on PSU, I tested with a older PSU and got the same problem. So I know it's got something to do with the MOBO.

Is this just like a setting on my motherboard or did something go wrong and its no good now?

·
What can't a 4+1 phase do
969 Posts
Quote:

Also for the problem of my motherboard starting up when turning on PSU, I tested with a older PSU and got the same problem. So I know it's got something to do with the MOBO.

Is this just like a setting on my motherboard or did something go wrong and its no good now?
If you had run the motherboard on the case like you have in the picture before, you could very well have shorted out the board. You're essentially bridging every single contact that touches that case to each other when doing that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.