Overclock.net banner

How To Keep Your Favorite Forum Sections at the Top

653 6
My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

- Community Support Team
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Graphics Junkie
4,518 Posts
Admin, not what you want to hear, but we all know this site is a joke compared to what it used to be. The news section is what drove traffic. useful members kept a nice flow of useful topics... when there's a news section for them to worry about. Now it's just a bunch of garbage. This site is only held up by so many of us who keep coming back out of habit, but your not giving us anything to work with.

This site is a disaster compared to what it used to be, we all know it, I'm just the one to say it. If you're not going to take any real interest in understanding and improving the site, appoint ppl who will.

· Banned
1,185 Posts
Admin, not what you want to hear, but we all know this site is a joke compared to what it used to be. The news section is what drove traffic. useful members kept a nice flow of useful topics... when there's a news section for them to worry about. Now it's just a bunch of garbage. This site is only held up by so many of us who keep coming back out of habit, but your not giving us anything to work with.

This site is a disaster compared to what it used to be, we all know it, I'm just the one to say it. If you're not going to take any real interest in understanding and improving the site, appoint ppl who will.

Sorry i misunderstood, i remove my rep to you.
I thought you were speaking of the "new posts" landing page.

The "news" section was the most toxic thing one could find on this forum.
OCN is a user experience forum, not the relay for industries everyday lies.
I greatly prefer a lower but knowledgable forum traffic, than the ignorance dumpster fire, that the section was!

It only brought bots, companies corporates and misinformation accounts.
The "news" section is useful only, if it is moderated by knowledgeable people.
Otherwise, it will be an issue for the forum, as it was previously, that's why it got removed!

· Graphics Junkie
4,518 Posts
Sorry i misunderstood, i remove my rep to you.
I thought you were speaking of the "new posts" landing page.

The "news" section was the most toxic thing one could find on this forum.
OCN is a user experience forum, not the relay for industries everyday lies.
I greatly prefer a lower but knowledgable forum traffic, than the ignorance dumpster fire, that the section was!

It only brought bots, companies corporates and misinformation accounts.
The "news" section is useful only, if it is moderated by knowledgeable people.
Otherwise, it will be an issue for the forum, as it was previously, that's why it got removed!
an interesting, but very wrong perspective. The news section was user driven, and that was always a good place for conversation about tech related current events to occur. I'm sorry if you didn't get that, but it was very real, and it in no was was in opposition to the "lower level" knowledge you claim to enjoy. Infact, there was a lot more of it.

Though there are few of us left anyway. Side rant: They banned wannabeOCer and he was the last guy trying to prop up the news section. Maybe he had a bias, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to post news. When he was banned, several people messaged me about it asking me if I knew why he was banned as if I'm supposed to know. I have no idea why he was banned, I suspect it was because he was kinda rude. Ironically though, the truth is on that last DLSS thread we had with him, he was totally right about everything he was saying, he just didn't say it politely. Personally, I don't care about politeness nearly as must as accurate info. WannbeOCer had an insight into AI inferencing that was completely accurate and I haven't seen anyone else here able to articulate that knowledge half as well as he could, and he got banned because he was a dick about being right while also being the last guy who felt any motivation to keep posting relevant news here. However you feel about him, he holds records and he knows exactly what he's talking about. That's not the kind of people that should be getting banned from a site like this.

I just think that's relevant to where OCN is at.

· Banned
1,185 Posts
an interesting, but very wrong perspective. The news section was user driven, and that was always a good place for conversation about tech related current events to occur. I'm sorry if you didn't get that, but it was very real, and it in no was was in opposition to the "lower level" knowledge you claim to enjoy. Infact, there was a lot more of it.
The good conversations are the one taking place, in the users threads, located in the dedicated forum sections.
Knowledgeable OP keep the 1st post updated, with all the relevant information acquired along the way.
This is how it used to work, this is why forums were so popular.

Focusing on the news section, is literally the opposite of what a forum should do.
Information is lost along the way, users arguing all over the place, news not being always reliable.

I'm not saying that a forum, should not propose a section dedicated to argue about what media report.
But it should definitively not be the default layout, when one land on the site, in my opinion.

I rather like, as said above, to land on the new post page and simply go through the threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.