Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worst game ever and I puked my way to the end of it and come face to face with the most ordinary crappest boss battle in the history of crap shooters.

ANd now I wanna know how to kill the foo before I die of boredom?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
i am so happy i didn't purchase this one. Crysis 2 was too different and it was quite the CoD wannabe.

·
Banned
847 Posts
pick up one of the alien weapon, It has unlimited ammo if you go near one of the energy source, run around, use covers and don't be a noob
tongue.gif

·
Banned
847 Posts
you kidding me? it's the best game graphics wise + mulitplayer too!

The story is kinda short but damn I was admiring the physics of it while playing lol.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorpowa View Post

pick up one of the alien weapon, It has unlimited ammo if you go near one of the energy source, run around, use covers and don't be a noob
tongue.gif
So just keep shooting at it? How 1985.

·
Banned
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandDecker View Post

yup, just keep shooting at it whenever those octupus arm appear, it will spawn some aliens then deal with those after you killed them, keep shooting it and eventually die.....

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorpowa View Post

yup, just keep shooting at it whenever those octupus arm appear, it will spawn some aliens then deal with those after you killed them, keep shooting it and eventually die.....
Oh gimme Bioshock Infinite already
mad.gif

·
Quad Core? Quad Damage!
684 Posts
I'd prefer a smaller boss that has more mobility and doesn't require a strict "procedure" for taking down. I think the best FPS bosses remain the ones from Doom and Quake.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I actually liked the game... Crysis 2 was linear. Crysis 3 has the best graphics and open environments. Not as much open as Crysis 1, but definitely a lot to explore. Took me 7 hours to finish it but I wouldn't call it a waste of money. Don't know what else you expect from an alien FPS... The technical standpoint of this game and a benchmark alone pushing your system is really impressive and worth the purchase...

Best graphics I have yet to see...

On subject, people are right... I just kept on getting the power ups, shooting at it, and the arm will eventually pick you up 2-3 times and the 3rd time will be when you beat it (Veteran difficulty)...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm glad i didnt "buy" this game. I have mixed feelings about it.

It felt like more of a tech demo to me, and less of a game. The plot was ******ed and unconvincing.Getting constantly NAGGED by that whiny female, as I'm trying to shoot up stuff was hard to take....any way to shut her voice off and let me do my thing ?

What I liked ( PC version of course ) was the graphics, impressive and close to reality in parts...I was totally surprised to see my medium-level PC could play everything at descent framerates, and it still looked gorgeous. I was expecting a 20 fps slideshow.

the weapons were all cool, and it's fun to customize them, according to your style of game play. This makes the single player re-playable...even though it's embarrassingly short, even by today's standards.

I got fed up with everything being dark....lots of black backgrounds and shadows....which makes me wonder if that's why the graphics run so well...less pixels and textures due to over-shadowing. ?

I liked the fact that it isnt a corridor shooter, like Crysis 2 was. I still prefer Crysis over both.

I'm fed up with the "ceph" , and was hoping for something new...not much imagination going on. I hope the whole Crysis series is done now...they cant possibly milk it for more.

The Cry-baby engine 3 has a lot of potential for even better looking games...more interesting to play.
This game gets a 7/10 for me.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
am I the only one that thought Crysis 2 was also a big hunk of trash?

I appreciated how good it looked but boy did it suck in terms of pacing and storytelling.

Dont see how any of you guys expected anything more from Crysis 3.

I really liked the original though, blew my FPS expectations away,back in the day at least it was a groundbreaker.

but with CoD, MoH, PoH, SoL, and IDFTLULZ, rampaging around with the same bland formula its going to take something really special to impress me now adays.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
i thought crysis3 was somewhat meh. still enjoyed crysis2 better. maybe because the story was so short but it just didn't draw me into it. still doesn't really explain what happened to Alcatraz... it's like the suit just ate him... i clearly remember that i was alive at the end of crysis2... so why am i suddenly prophet in crysis3? i read the story part of it where it explained that Alcatraz actually died... but that part of the story just seemed weak sauce. i was alive as Alcatraz at the end of crysis2 i should be able to choose to be Alcatraz at the beginning of crysis3.... reminds me of the whole ME3 ending again...

·
Banned
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfiteer View Post

am I the only one that thought Crysis 2 was also a big hunk of trash?

I appreciated how good it looked but boy did it suck in terms of pacing and storytelling.

Dont see how any of you guys expected anything more from Crysis 3.

I really liked the original though, blew my FPS expectations away,back in the day at least it was a groundbreaker.

but with CoD, MoH, PoH, SoL, and IDFTLULZ, rampaging around with the same bland formula its going to take something really special to impress me now adays.
Boishock Infinte- Yeah baby!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Didn't take me more than some minutes, just use the red energy-boost things. Those are present in all boss fights as far as I noticed. Makes you bulletproof, and ammo unlimited. No clue how long it lasts tho, seems short sometimes, and long others.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandDecker View Post

Not defending the game or anything but...

Circa 1985.

I'll take a bullet sponge over a Deus Ex Machina lever any day. And that's really what the majority of other boss mechanics are in any shooter, is a direct copy of the axe from SMB.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts