Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don’t know nothing about computers (and sorry for my english), but recently, I bought a computer with a CPU Barton 2600+ but when I checked the system (before AND after the installation of WindowsXP) it says 2000+. I go back the computer and the guy told me that the computer was not correctly installed, and he changed something in the BIOS (without opening the computer). Now, it says 2600+ but I wonder if the guys just overclocked my CPU... Can somebody explain me how to check this?

My motherboard is a Asus A7N8X-X DDR400 MHz

Thanks!

Nat

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

www.cpuid.com has a program called...cpuid

Download it and it can tell you what processor is in your computer.

It will also tell you all kinds of other important information.

Download, install, run, and let us know what it says

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!
Thanks for the informations,
I downloaded the CPUID program as you told me and in the thumbnail 'CPU' it says Athlon 2600+ so it means that it really is a 2600+ and it's not only configured to run as a 2600+?
Nat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421
Welcome to the Forum!

www.cpuid.com has a program called...cpuid

Download it and it can tell you what processor is in your computer.

It will also tell you all kinds of other important information.

Download, install, run, and let us know what it says

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
And welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
398 Posts
welcome .. that would sux he sold you a comp and thinking you bought a 2600+ cpu and finding out its only a 2000+..that would piss me off..anyways post back and tell us what you finaly have..

·
Banned
313 Posts
yeah if the icon says 2600+ thats the processer in it, but its weird that he could do somting to change it in the BIOS, who knows im not AMD master, but there are a few around

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
The BIOS was not set correctly and therefore your CPU was underclocked. He just corrected the FSB (front Side Buss) which is the Mhz (megahertz) speed the mother board passes data to and from the CPU. I just did that for a friend who had a 2500Barton running at the wrong FSB speed. His was set at 100Mhz and it was as slow as a turtle with 3 broken legs.

• Rep+
Reactions: Nathalie
1 - 9 of 9 Posts