Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Necromancer
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, as you can see this board has white clips for the PCIE slots and the ram slots.

Over time they have become slightly dingy in color, not exactly pure white anymore.

Anyone have a trick to get them back to nice and pearly white?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think your best bet would be hydrogen peroxide/bleaching them. Since they are rather delicate parts you'd have to be careful if you decide to sand them, might take them down too much and they won't clip in anymore.

This guy has really good luck with hair care products

·
The Necromancer
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBoy View Post

I think your best bet would be hydrogen peroxide/bleaching them. Since they are rather delicate parts you'd have to be careful if you decide to sand them, might take them down too much and they won't clip in anymore.

This guy has really good luck with hair care products
Lol hair bleach... Why didn't I think of that XD

Any idea if the clips pop off?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mmm not sure on that, It's not something that is often replaced. You're best bet would be to take it slow with a good set of tiny screwdrivers and needle nose to see if you can pry it off with out breaking it. Another option might be to seal it off as best you can with plastic wrap and tape so only the clip is exposed and then try leaving some of that thick hair bleach on it. That way you wouldn't have to worry about it breaking, though you'd need to make sure you get a good seal so it doesn't get on anything other than the clip.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Don't pry them off, they will break. Then you will lose warranty as they are impossible to replace. Is it really worth it, ocd that bad?
biggrin.gif

·
The Necromancer
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well yeah I'm about to get a new case and build a full custom waterloops, I don't want some dingy A** clips ruining the look!
biggrin.gif

I might just end up painting them black with fingernail polish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts