Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So I bought a cheap HD5870 1G just to give my old HD5970 2G Video Card a little bit extra grunt. Everythings worked out perfect. I have an accelero on the HD5970 just for extra quite cooling and have overclocked it to the HD5870 speeds as well.
biggrin.gif

Well the trouble is my 1090T is NOT fast enough even at 4ghz.
mad.gif

I was playing games last night on 2560x1600 30" display and the CPU was holding back my game play. Darn back down to 1920x1200.
Can anyone recommend me anything to get these suckers up to spec's
I've got an H50 water cooler P/P with a case full of fans in an air con room, can I overclock the 1090t to the limit?? What the max safe voltage on these??
and the recommended setting to max this out?? -Should I be saving for the 2011 platform or buy into the bulldozer chips -are they compaitble with my motherboard?
GIVE ME SOME IDEAS GUYS???

·
Registered
912 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo_Morpheus
View Post

can I overclock the 1090t to the limit??

why wouldn't you?

Quote:

View Post

What the max safe voltage on these??

search

Quote:

View Post

the recommended setting to max this out??

keep going until you reach the max voltage or temp. sometimes different combos of reference clock vs multiplier can get you stable at lower voltages

Quote:

View Post

the bulldozer chips -are they compaitble with my motherboard?

no

Quote:

View Post

GIVE ME SOME IDEAS GUYS???

get a 990x?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Max safe voltage for really any AMD chip is 1.55 volts, if i were you i would start saving now for BD or IVY, because when they come out your GPUs will be fine for games. I would recomend overclocking any more because you might be able to get 4.1/4.2 ghz but it will come with a big voltage bump, and there probaly is going to be no difference in games from that little bump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts