Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a way to manually spoof my Processor ID.

I found that it's located in DMIEDIT although I'm unable to edit it directly through DMIEDIT.
On DMIEDIT it says it's a DWORD data type although I am unable to locate the file in Regedit.

Unless there's another program/software that would allow me to edit this.

Automotive lighting Window Sky Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm afraid to ask, but, why?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
For personal research, I'm trying to figure out how to do it myself since I know there are paid programs that can do it but I would like to do things myself.
But why would you want to spoof your CPU ID?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking for a way to manually spoof my Processor ID.

I found that it's located in DMIEDIT although I'm unable to edit it directly through DMIEDIT.
On DMIEDIT it says it's a DWORD data type although I am unable to locate the file in Regedit.

Unless there's another program/software that would allow me to edit this.

View attachment 2562131

·
Registered
369 Posts
OCN is generally squeamish about hacking or pen testing. You'd have far better luck asking on Kali Linux forums.
CPUID, has to do with the instruction set a CPU can handle. As far as I know it's not part of the header info sent on network communications, which does beg the question of why change it? Especially since windows won't boot if it doesn't think the instruction set can handle it.
If you still want to change it, you may be able to boot a linux drive and edit it with vim. You'd need to know the file location.
Using a VM machine would be a much better option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OCN is generally squeamish about hacking or pen testing. You'd have far better luck asking on Kali Linux forums.
CPUID, has to do with the instruction set a CPU can handle. As far as I know it's not part of the header info sent on network communications, which does beg the question of why change it? Especially since windows won't boot if it doesn't think the instruction set can handle it.
If you still want to change it, you may be able to boot a linux drive and edit it with vim. You'd need to know the file location.
Using a VM machine would be a much better option.
I do currently have a paid monthly spoofer which shows that it spoofs processorID... Now, this would be after windows have booted so I guess that answers my question of it probably isn't possible to permanently spoof/change the processorID.

I read somewhere that you could spoof CPU serials by "creating a new smbios table where you put spoofed information and then set the smbios physical address stored in the .data section in ntoskrnl to the physical address of the newly created table."

Although I'm not sure how I would go about doing this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I spoofed my CPU between Intel and AMD years ago with a virtual machine (details), but I'm not sure how to go about doing it on bare-metal.

Sounds like he called it right. Why not just tell us otherwise?
Why does it matter? If they said they were using it for game modifications, clearly the person above you already had a problem with that and avoided answering the question. Could just answer the question without any bias :p

·
Windows 10 is good
4,339 Posts
I spoofed my CPU between Intel and AMD years ago with a virtual machine (details), but I'm not sure how to go about doing it on bare-metal.

Why does it matter? If they said they were using it for game modifications, clearly the person above you already had a problem with that and avoided answering the question. Could just answer the question without any bias :p
Sorry, but not sorry. I am not going to help educate a newb so he can make cheats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts