Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 758 Posts

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
version 2.4

note: all of these text linked bioses are for the pcie versions of the mods if you have a agp card the mod is identical (unless otherwise specified in the title of the mod) except you will need to use a agp version of the bios those and other bioses are provided further down the page

and be shure you have the right bios (incase i linked wrong) use rabit to check you can also use this to edit the bioses (speeds ram timings vivo ect..)

and#2 more detailed flashing instructions are further down the page

x850 series

Quote:
x850xt to x850xtpe mod
for this mod you will need to obtain a x850xtpe bios next you will have to verify that your card can run at x850xtpe speeds artifact free you can do this with ati tool by clocking the card to 540core/590mem if it can then simply flash the bios to the card

flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

Quote:
x850 pro to xt/xtpe mod

Quote:
(mod confirmed on some agp x850 pros but not believed to be possible on the pcie version) thus far all of the pcie pro cores that i have incountered have been locked perminatly via severed pipes (in core)
if you would like to atempt this mod it can be done the same way as the xt to xtpe mod but you will first need to verify that your card can run at x850xt/xtpe speeds artifact free you can do this with ati tool by clocking the card to "520core/540mem for xt" or "540core/590mem for xtpe" if something goes wrong you can always flash back to the pro bios btw this card should be flashable to a x850 xtpe even if the pipes dont unlock (12 pipe x850 xtpe)

use the moded flashrom for this flash - flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

Here is a more detailed guide: http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=44936

x800 series

Quote:
agp x800pro non vivo / vivo to xt/xtpe mod
for this mod to work you have to make shure that you dont have a laser cut seen here (notice the bar in betwene the two circles) if the laser cut is not present then you may be able to unlock the pipes but if it is you will need to atempt the lasercut mod before procedeing (instructions further down the page) then you will have to verify that your card can run at x800xt/xtpe speeds artifact free you can do this with ati tool by clocking the card to "500core/500mem for xt" or "520core/560mem for xtpe" if it survives both tests then all you need to do then is get the x800xt/xtpe bios and flash it to the card

(you will know if your pipes are unlockable once you flash)

use moded flashrom for this mod - flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

if you only want the extra pipes and not xtpe speeds flash this bios to the card (it is a pro bios with all 16 pipes enabled)

note: the agp vivo versions of this card usaly doesnt have a laser cut

Quote:
pcie x800 pro to xt/xtpe mod
(confirmed to work for a few cards with the laser cut mod performed on them and then flashed/used riva tuner)
for this mod to work you will need to perform the lasercut mod (its rare to find one of these cards that doesn't have the lasercut) then you will have to verify that your card can run at x800xt/xtpe speeds artifact free you can do this with ati tool by clocking the card to "500core/500mem for xt" or "520core/560mem for xtpe" if it survives both tests then all you need to do is get the x800xt/xtpe bios and flash it to the card

(you will know if pipes are unlockable once you flash)

use moded flashrom for this flash - flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

if you only want the extra pipes and not xtpe speeds flash this bios to the card (it is a pro bios with all 16 pipes enabled)

Quote:
x800xt to x800xtpe mod
for this mod you will need to obtain a x800xtpe bios next you will have to verify that your card can run at x800xtpe speeds artifact free you can do this with ati tool by clocking the card to 520core/560mem if it can then simply flash the bios to the card

Quote:
x800se 16 or 12 pipe pipe mod
(i havent verified this mod yet)but it wont work if there is a laser cut though for kicks and giggles this card can be flashed to a 8 pipe x800xt/xtpe useing a regular 16 pipe x800xt/xtpe bios (ram speeds may need to be edited use rabit) but to save you the trouble i have a modified xtpe bios here it has 2.0ns timeings and a stock mem speed of 500

try moded flashrom for this flash - flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

Quote:
x800 16 pipe mod
(i havent verified this mod yet) but most of the x800s i have seen have had the pipes perminatly disabled though for kicks and giggles this card can be flashed to a 12 pipe x800xl using a regular 16 pipe xl bios

Quote:
x800VE AIW 4 pipe to 8/12/16 pipe mod
(i have confirmed instances of this card moding to 8 pipes) this card is reported to be unlockable via the lasercut mod
btw there suposidly 2 lasercuts on this card (both the se and pro laser cut seen here) after the lasercut mod is compleated i suggest flashing to a x800xt aiw bios but first verify that the ram is 2.0ns ram and that the card can run at 500 mem and 500 core if not you can always contact me for a custom bios or make one yourself useing rabit

use moded flashrom for this mod - flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

NOTE: please contact me if you plan on doing this mod there are still some angles of this mod im in the dark about

Quote:
x800GT to x8X0 pro/xt/xtpe mod
ok dudes this card can come with ither a x800xt core or a x850xt core which you have will determine what you can mod the card to
(the only way to know what core you have is to look at the core it's self [don't trust programs to tell you])

r423 (x800) core: If you have this core then you should be able to flash to a non vivo x800xt (if you want a xtpe the bios will need to be moded for 2.0ns ram and slower ram clocks. (to increase the chances of a stable mod))

Btw, no ram moding is needed if you have 1.6ns ram

(you will discover if any of your pipes are unlockable once you flash)

for this mod use the moded flashrom - instructions are at the bottom of the page

r480 (x850) core: If you have this core then you should be able to flash to a non vivo x850xt with moded ram clocks/timeings (contact me and ill help you make one) if you want a xtpe it will also need to be moded for 2.0ns ram and slower ram clocks.

for this mod use the moded flashrom - instructions are at the bottom of the page

Quote:
x800GT0 to x8X0 pro/xt/xtpe mod
this card can come with ither a r430 or a r480 core depending on what core you have will determine what you can mod the card to

r430 (x800xl) core: If you have this core then you should be able to flash to a non vivo x800xl

for this mod use the moded flashrom - instructions are at the bottom of the

r480 (x850) core: If you have this core then you should be able to flash to a non vivo x850xt with moded ram clocks/timeings (contact me and ill help you make one) if you want a xtpe it will also need to be moded for 2.0ns ram and slower ram clocks

for this mod use the moded flashrom instructions are at the bottom of the page

r480 (x800xt) core:
(pending..)

Quote:
x800GT02 to x850 xt/xtpe mod
this card is suposed to be sold as a modable card (to a x850xtpe) if you have it the mod should be as simple as flashing a non vivo xtpe bios to the card

use the moded flashrom - flashing instructions are at the bottom of the page

the laser cut mod

Quote:
the chances of the laser cut work around working is rather small in some cases because alot of the x800 cores with laser cuts also have the pipes perminatly disabled in the core too but if u have a lasercut card and are willing to put it in danger (yes this mod can actualy f-up your card permanatly if done wrong) but if you are as determined as i then it can be done by creating a conductive link to connect the two circles on ither side of the laser cut (avoid coming in contact with the laser cut its self though) it can be done using solder/graphite(pencil)/conductive silver lacker/ect. but be shure to scratch off the protective coat that is on the circles so that it can make contact pretty picture
flashing

Quote:
ok to flash the card you will need to first need to get a hold of the flashing utility (flashrom.exe) (or the moded flashrom) next you will need format a floppy disk with the "create MS-DOS startup disk" check box checked once that is done copy the flashing utility w/ its support files and the new bios (rename the bios to 8 or less characters) to the floppy and reset and boot to the floppy once in dos type the command "flashrom.exe -f -p 0 (bios name).(file extension)" and that will load the bios on to the card

its a good idea to back up the cards origional bios first though u can do this by typing "flashrom.exe -s 0 backup.bin"

if for some reason the flash doesnt work and you can no longer see the screen you will need a pci video card to view the screen to flash it back

to backup your bios use this command "flashrom.exe -s backup.bin"

warning if you flash a pcie/pci/agp bios to a card that is made for a diferent bus you may not be able to flash back
PS.

#1 all the files i have uploaded are in zip archives you will need to extract them in order to use them

#2 if there are any mistakes or other mods that you know of for the x8X0 series (flash mods) send me a pm and i will add it/fix it

#3 you may be able to tell a little about your pipes before you flash by posting here

here is a link to the faq
LL

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moved from above

Quote:
hey sphere i have a ati 850xt agp version i would love to flash the 850xtpe bios for it. if you need my bio from my card i would gladly help if you need it. let me know what i can do to speed up the porcess to get the xtpe bios for the 850 agp

Quote:
yah gimme ur bios and i just thought of where i can find ur xtpe bioe
...hold on ill get it

(use atitool to get the bios from the card

Quote:
heres the bios of the 850xt for agp
1.6ns ram right?

thx
dude

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexyu650
any luck on finding the 850xtpe bios for the agp yet? oh btw how do i find out if my ram is 1.6 or 2.0 ns?
im waiting for xav to get my pm then you will have one
and to tell u need to look at ur ram chips and tell me if u see a 16 or a 20 at the end of one of the lines if ur not shure just post all the info on the top of the ram chips

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPHERE
im waiting for xav to get my pm then you will have one
and to tell u need to look at ur ram chips and tell me if u see a 16 or a 20 at the end of one of the lines if ur not shure just post all the info on the top of the ram chips
it says

samsung 504
k4j553230f-gc16

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

yah he is in another state and when he gets home he will post

sphere are u there? i found this 850xt pe bios but i am not sure if it is agp or not can you help me find out?

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

sphere are u there? i found this 850xt pe bios but i am not sure if it is agp or not can you help me find out?

yah that looks like a agp bios (r481) but id wait for xavs bios cause that looks like it may be a beta

o and btw do u have a pci vid card to save u from a bad flash?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

yah that looks like a agp bios (r481) but id wait for xavs bios cause that looks like it may be a beta

o and btw do u have a pci vid card to save u from a bad flash?

no i dont. should i go get 1 just incase?

·
Banned
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

no i dont. should i go get 1 just incase?

dont buy one see if one of ur friends has one u can borrow

btw
how come u only post in my thread?
y dont ya participate in the forum

lol u found my thread in a google huh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

dont buy one see if one of ur friends has one u can borrow

btw
how come u only post in my thread?
y dont ya participate in the forum

lol u found my thread in a google huh

any word on the 850 bios yet?

1 - 20 of 758 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.