Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, apologies for the lack of any formal, or informal, mock ups. I'm currently working on a 1.3ghz atom of my girlfriend's netbook, so I'm really not in the mood to start fighting with software meant for something more than a Commodore 64. This will also be copied into the build log section as well as this is going to take quite some time to do, and I figure I might as well take the time to document it. Regardless, here we go....

Here's the case I'm working with right now:

Water's going in there one way or another, so it's a matter of how to go about doing it.

My first thought was a XSPC Dual Bay pump/reservoir combo with a 220 rad on the front. I'm debating very much about stripping the entire case interior out now though, and starting from scratch. I can't come up with any ideas on how to go about mounting a hard drive, pump, and reservoir though without messing up the exterior of the case.

Here's a bit of an explanation for the build so you can [possibly] better understand the predicatment. Otherwise, just skip the next few paragraphs to the end and possibly comment on any solutions?
...So, literally everything will be stripped out of the interior of the case. The 5.25" bays will both be gone (no optical drive wanted/needed), the hard drive caddy (above PCI slots in photo) will be gone as well.

The 2 fan mounts will be removed as well as the power and reset buttons. The front of the case will have a radiator grill, 2 120/25mm fans, a 240 radiator, followed by 2 more 120/25mm fans. I may need to add a support underneath the radiator as I am unsure if the front of the case can support this much weight.

This leaves A LOT of room to mount the rest of the hardware. The side panels will be replaced, so no major concerns with the remaining holes by the 5.25" bays or USB ports.

Question then:
  • How can I mount the hard drive (ideally 2.5" drive in the future...SSD), reservoir, and a pump, all without showing any screws on the outside of the case?

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
Put them inside the HDD caddy above where the GPU goes. I had a V300 at one time and they are fun to work on for sure. Just lost interest in that project. Also if you cut the optical bay, you can slam at least a GTX 280 in there.

Proof:

Also, if you're wondering why or how the PSU is on the wrong side of the case, I cut that HDD bay out and made a back plate to fit the PSU in its place to I could fit a Xigmatek S1283 in there. Didn't work as planned. The Xig hit the optical bays, I got stressed out and abandoned the project.

If you want some inspiration on watercooling a V300 / V350/351, I suggest looking at nafljhy's BrassIe build.
Link

·
Registered
261 Posts
he won't need to mod his HDD cage to fit a long card, he's got a 351 i believe or 350b so it shouldnt be a problem, looks identical to mine and it fit just fine.

also : if you're looking for extra space or have an aftermarket cpucooler(i do realize you're WCing so it shouldnt be a problem.) your PSU(dependent on dimensions) can be mounted in the 5.25 bay with a minor mod. (however if you do, you'll need to find space for an optical drive elsewhere)

guy with WC mounted inside over here, also it's 54 pages of lian li 350talk, very useful info- feel free to pm me as well, know every dimension in the case :d

1 - 3 of 3 Posts