Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,874 Posts
1) If you feel the the chips are too lose , you can use rubber bands to hold them in place. They work just fine.

2) Check on the fan , they should have arrows on them directing you on which way the air flows.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay View Post
1) If you feel the the chips are too lose , you can use rubber bands to hold them in place. They work just fine.

2) Check on the fan , they should have arrows on them directing you on which way the air flows.
1. It isnt that the clips are too loose, its that they cant grab the fan holes because the fan has closed corners.

2. The side without the motor mounts is always the intake side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by liberalelephant View Post
1. It isnt that the clips are too loose, its that they cant grab the fan holes because the fan has closed corners.

2. The side without the motor mounts is always the intake side.
Yeah, only one corner out of four can grab the hole.

So the intake, and the side with words, should be facing away from the heatsink, right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LooN! View Post
Yeah, only one corner out of four can grab the hole.

So the intake, and the side with words, should be facing away from the heatsink, right?
On mine, the side that says Gentle Typhoon is on the side where the fan is mounted to the housing...which is the exhaust. The side WITHOUT the fan mounts is the side that the fan intakes air from.

And use zip ties/rubber bands to mount the fan. Or you can get a hacksaw and cut out the closed corners.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: LooN!

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+repped you liberalelephant. Can I tie the fan with zipties to the wire clips? It seems like the only way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
I actually used only the clips to mount the two GT's. The clip will bow somewhat if you align it right, and only one hole per side will have the clips aligned perfectly. The clip still has a nice grip of the fans with the other two misaligned holes. Its a little hard to explain but its doable.

You also have to make sure the fan wires either face the top or towards the motherboard, otherwise the tubes block it. dang, may be I should just take a pic and let it do the talking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by calavera
View Post

I actually used only the clips to mount the two GT's. The clip will bow somewhat if you align it right, and only one hole per side will have the clips aligned perfectly. The clip still has a nice grip of the fans with the other two misaligned holes. Its a little hard to explain but its doable.

You also have to make sure the fan wires either face the top or towards the motherboard, otherwise the tubes block it. dang, may be I should just take a pic and let it do the talking


Oblige us with a pic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
the clips are a little bowed, also notice the orientation of the fans.




the top side is aligned, and clips fall into place at the hole. The other end however, doesn't match it perfectly but it still holds the fan very well. I tried moving the fan and it didn't budge.


if you're still worried about it, just use zip ties.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,345 Posts
I just ordered a pair of these, I'll post pics as I'll need to cut at least one for the CPU. (Finally switching to Push configuration too, see if that makes a difference over the pull)

And yes, I said a Pair, but the other is for the rear 120 case fan on my case... hoping that replacing the 1900 rpm kaze will reduce volume in there a bit..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,018 Posts
Used a file to cut some of the sides and it didnt make a difference, still could not get the clips to hold on all four sides. Anyway if 2 out of the four corners are well clipped in on the opposite sides, the fan seems to hold well enough.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top