Overclock.net banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can't imagine it would be all that hard to code either. It would just be an affinity setting right?

Do you have a link to any Berkley threads about this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i can't get boinc to start using my gpu automatically after my pc has been idle. it will use both gpu's if i set it to use gpu always. if i set it to use gpu based on preferences though, it never kicks in. the pref i have set is: Suspend GPU work while computer is in use? - yes, 'In use' means mouse/keyboard activity in last - 1min.

if i don't do anything a t all, my pref kick in for cpu just fine, but the gpu will only get used if i go to the boinc manager and change it from gpu based on pref, to gpu always. when i do set it to gpu always both cards immediately go to near max activity.

i've added the script mentioned in this threads first post. i've also updated the projects i'm running through the boinc manager to insure that my changes have been saved.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
it sounds like you are saying after your done using computer the gpu does not get picked back up after you have stopped for the one minute ? is that right or am i missing it ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibew112 View Post
it sounds like you are saying after your done using computer the gpu does not get picked back up after you have stopped for the one minute ? is that right or am i missing it ?
it wont use the gpu automatically even though i have it set to do so in my preferences. if i manually set it to always use gpu then it uses both fine. if i leave it to use based on preferences then it never uses the gpu even when i'm not using the pc at all.

*edit* got it working. the problem is kinda silly though. i have a high dpi gaming laser mouse, anytime there was the slightest vibration in my house it was picking up the tiny mouse movement, reading it as the pc being actively used, and not using the gpus. so i guess technically it was working the entire time, i just have a busy house!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts