Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
With an i7, you overclock the memory by changing the multiplier. Your system specs won't show up for me at work, so I don't know what your multipliers and bclk is. You will probably be using a 8X memory multiplier and a 21X CPU multiplier (turbo mode). That makes bclk 166/167, and your memory will be right at 1333MHz which is stock. If you want to stay at 3.5GHz on the CPU and not go any higher, you can go to a 10X memory multi. Thats 1666MHz which is overclocked. Your memory may do it, but you will definitely need vDimm at 1.65V. Also, if you're using an 8X multi and you raise the bclk higher you'll be OC'ing the RAM as well since its linked to bclk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike431635 View Post
With an i7, you overclock the memory by changing the multiplier. Your system specs won't show up for me at work, so I don't know what your multipliers and bclk is. You will probably be using a 8X memory multiplier and a 21X CPU multiplier (turbo mode). That makes bclk 166/167, and your memory will be right at 1333MHz which is stock. If you want to stay at 3.5GHz on the CPU and not go any higher, you can go to a 10X memory multi. Thats 1666MHz which is overclocked. Your memory may do it, but you will definitely need vDimm at 1.65V. Also, if you're using an 8X multi and you raise the bclk higher you'll be OC'ing the RAM as well since its linked to bclk.
First of all, I am at 20x cpu multiplier I think, check the printscreen (when you are at home). How I get to 21x? 20x is max what I can choose in the bios.

Second, I tried 10x multi on memory and set voltage to 1.66v and the system reboots, so not working.

Third, how, where and and where can I find that bclk? And to what should I change bclk?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts