Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm not that inexperienced at overclocking CPUs, but I can never get down the ratios of overclocking a GPU: core clock and memory clock (since core is linked to shader). And ideas of how I should maintain some type of ratio when I increase the core clock of a GPU?
Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well when I overclocked my GPU it was just one huge trial and error process.. Start by increasing your core as high as possible in steps of 10 Mhz and then do the same for your memory
tongue.gif
If it crashes, lower it again...

edit: I used Crysis to test it
tongue.gif
and then furmark when I couldnt get it any higher
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
hi there!
Ok first thing is first, when you are overclocking your gpu, make sure are your other overclocks on your cpu and ram are completely stable.
After that, you download a program called MSI Afterburner and click on the normal download, not the beta. After that start highering your gpu core clock higher in small increments. About 50-90mhz on the first turn, then about 30-50mhz after each. Then run msi kombuster. the program that got installed with msi afterburner. run for about 30min. if it crashes then you just got your self instability. higher the core voltage one step up. Just remember when overclocking your gpu, when you reach instability at high clocks, upping the voltage dosent always fix it. Try putting down the voltage and see what happens. Becareful and watch your temps! After that start upping the memory clock higher in increments as i explained earlier, 50-90mhz on first time then 30-50mhz from then on. when you reach instability, up the voltage. I wouldn't recommend overclocking the memory clock to high as the memory overclocking dosen't improve performance much.
Happy overclocking
biggrin.gif

Reaper

EDIT: Remember to unlock core voltage by going to setting and clock unlock voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts