Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend needs help, heres his post from a different forum who didnt offer any help:

I have a AMD Athlon 64 2800+ (754pin) processor with a dfi lanparty nf3 250gb motherboard. I am not quite sure what BIOS settings to change.

I have increased the multiplier over the standard 9x and I have to keep resetting the BIOS. FSB won't go above 220 with 1.72 V. I am unable to push the newcastle 2800+ above 2Ghz when I know should be possible with certain BIOS settings. Cant really tell what bios settings to change cause their different to the ones ive got on another board. Whats the agp/pci lock labeled as (i see 66 but i think it still might be changing ???), how do i put in a 5:4 divider in the ram? I can tell it to stay at 200mhz in DRAM settings but it still stays with the fsb (if i up the fsb to 220, the ram goes up to 220 too). What settings do i need to change and how are they labeled in my dfi bios?? thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silum

My friend needs help, heres his post from a different forum who didnt offer any help:

I have a AMD Athlon 64 2800+ (754pin) processor with a dfi lanparty nf3 250gb motherboard. I am not quite sure what BIOS settings to change.

I have increased the multiplier over the standard 9x and I have to keep resetting the BIOS. FSB won't go above 220 with 1.72 V. I am unable to push the newcastle 2800+ above 2Ghz when I know should be possible with certain BIOS settings. Cant really tell what bios settings to change cause their different to the ones ive got on another board. Whats the agp/pci lock labeled as (i see 66 but i think it still might be changing ???), how do i put in a 5:4 divider in the ram? I can tell it to stay at 200mhz in DRAM settings but it still stays with the fsb (if i up the fsb to 220, the ram goes up to 220 too). What settings do i need to change and how are they labeled in my dfi bios?? thanks in advance for any help!!

First off, if you have a desktop 2800, you're multiplier is stuck at 9. Judging by the model number and the multi of 9, it IS a desktop and not a DTR. You are stuck with 9 as a multiplier unless you upgrade to a DTR. I'll look into the bios menus in a minute, I just wanted you to know that you are going to have to stay at 9.

The board has PCI/AGP locks, so no need to worry about that.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
As for overclocking, I have this board, but its not out of its box...yet

From what I can see in the bios:

Genie Bios Setting = This is where the magic happens.

In this menu there is one sub-menu called DRAM Config...in the DRAM config, is where you will find DRAM Frequency Set...this is where you can change the ratio of CPU:RAM (not sure if its FSB or clock speed)

If its FSB to RAM, you will see lower dividers, ie. 5:4, 3:2, etc.

If its in relation to clock speed, the ratio will be something like CPU/9, CPU/10, etc. The higher the divider, the lower the ram will run. Break out your calculator...220x9 = 1980MHz... 1980/10 = 198 FSB (198 will be what your ram is running at if you set your CPU to run 220x9, with a RAM divider of CPU/10.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
For loads of info on the DFI BIOS check the thread in my sig... Read everything on the first and second page.

It will help with finding the sweet spots for a stable overclock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts