Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an ECS mobo but I cant find a flash for it to proceed with the OC. It is a model p4s5mg/gl+ board. I'm also having a problem finding the actual temps because they never change even when the load changes. Much respect to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
271 Posts
ECS are some of the cheapest and worste boards on the market. It might be possible that you can't OC it. Even if you could ECS boards wont OC that much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the link you gave me to get a flash and update but i still dont get the option to change my settings in my bios. Its there but its greyed out. any help?

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
your motherboard is pripritory, like dell and other big OEM manafacturers they use their own custom made bios, they make it so you cant overclock the board or damage it in any way. i havnt worked on an Compaq yet, but HP seem to have the least locked bios (regular un-locked verson of phoenix bios.) but your sol until you get a new motherboard.. msi or asus or hell if you dont want to overclock... intel

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Is it a manufacturer PC? Even so. If you flashed a bios then it wouldnt matter b/c the new bios should have given you the features.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
OMG, me & ECS board don't mix. I've killed 2 in the past... killed or they killed them selves lol. but yeah i also had problems flashing its bios. that's why the family has that board and i don't (i'm a terrible child i know lol).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi dudes i know this is a little old topic but i want to ask how did you update your bios, followed a tutorial? if you can please tell me, stay well

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G_N

Hi dudes i know this is a little old topic but i want to ask how did you update your bios, followed a tutorial? if you can please tell me, stay well

What kind of mobo do you have?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts