Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have a new p4 2.4ghz Prescott proccessor, i was wondering how i could SAFELY overclock this just to get a bit more higher speeds?
Thanks.
Solez.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Check out the guide in the Intel section and then if you have questions feel free to ask away, we all were noobs at some point. It is also helpful when you ask a question thatyou have your rig specs filled in so we know what hardware you are working with, not just the CPU. Welcome and have fun!!

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Is it the Prescott 2.4 with the 533Mhz FSB? If so.. you'll be in for a suprise.. I've got mine to run 3.9Ghz stable with an AEROCOOL DP102 with a few fan modifacations.. Very nice processor if I might add.. lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have one too, Its a very long and boring story of how I got this processor
, well. First of all, buy a good Cooling solution, I use Gigabyte 3dCooler, Stock cooler can be salvaged for Front Intake
, Its main function is to make NOISE, and secondly, keep the 2.4A warm. Never think in buying an Intel board, they SSSS UUU XXX.

Mode your case for very good ventilation, 9 fans could help, OOHHHH yes :shades2: . Use a MSI or better, dont use dinamic overcloaking, that thing is sometimes buggy, OC only in windows, so you can save you a lot of $$$
, Only over when you are going to work, not idling, and do just what is needed to make your games run better, 2.7-2.8 is good, stable, and not so hot. If you are stable only changin FSB, leave the others settings in peace.

I use Far Cry and Need 4 Speed Underground2 at 2.7, and they runs a lot better. You can go up at your own risk!!! Happy Overclocking!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by solez

Hey, i have a new p4 2.4ghz Prescott proccessor, i was wondering how i could SAFELY overclock this just to get a bit more higher speeds?
Thanks.
Solez.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Why would you want to use windows overclocking??? BIOS is wayyyy better... And now.. Mine has moved up a bit and I'm running 3.997Ghz with 32 idle, and 43 full load.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Why would you want to use windows overclocking??? BIOS is wayyyy better... And now.. Mine has moved up a bit and I'm running 3.997Ghz with 32 idle, and 43 full load.

Because I Live in a HOT Country, here Idle is 35 at 12:00PM, and Intel processors are not cheap. Is my opinion only, thats good that you run that hight!!!, Here is too hot to go that up!!!

Buy Gigabytes 3DCooler or better!!!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, idle is when its just sitting with it not processing anything. then load is when gaming or running really intensive applications

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Youll be able to overclock that sucker madly with adequate cooling. Dont go for a little overclock, go for a big overclock.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspire

Cheers for that dude

You are correct, high speed and poor performance

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
i didnt even know they made prescot core cpus as low as 2.4 :S

anyways, i'd go to around 3.0 or 3.2 if everything is good, im not brave enough to push a 2.4 to 3.9, thats crazy

plus, u have ati? use atitool. nvidia ? use coolbits

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

i didnt even know they made prescot core cpus as low as 2.4 :S

anyways, i'd go to around 3.0 or 3.2 if everything is good, im not brave enough to push a 2.4 to 3.9, thats crazy

plus, u have ati? use atitool. nvidia ? use coolbits

Oh, come on, wheres the fun in not pushing your hardware to the limits of extreme explosion? lol

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
lol when u spent 230 bucks on a cpu like me, i dont want to cook it

besides, who needs that much power??

even a 2.8 533fsb is more than sufficient

1 - 15 of 15 Posts