Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay, here it is, the nVidia overclocking guide...
i am doing this for the sole fact that im tired of explaining it.

So here it is, the Coolbits mod.

OKay, open up window, and go to the "Start" menu at the bottom left corner.
The go to "run"
A little box will pop up, type in "regedit"
a window will pop up, and in the window there are two parts, a left scrolling option bar and a right main window where you are shown the registry keys and values for the options in the left panel.(that doesnt really matter but oh well knowledge never hurt anyone).
On the left part of the window go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\NVIDIA Corporation\\Global\\NvTweak" and open it on the right. Once you have done this, right clock on the window in an empty area(by empty i mean not on a registry value) and go to add new "DWORD value". Once you have done this a new registy will appear, right click on it and rename it "Coolbits" without the quotation marks. Then right click on it again and go to "modify", the change the value to "3". Now close the window and restart you computer.
Once you computer restartsright click on the desktop (in an empty area) and go to nVidia Display. ONce the nVidia display window comes up, there will be a new option that says something like "clock frequenceys".
Using this nVidia made oc utiliy you can safely overclock you nVidia gfx card.

I hope this helps, and i want you to know im not responsible if you blow up your computer in the process....EDITING YOU REGISTY KEYS IS DANGEROUS to you windows operating system and all of you apps/games. Also as far as i knw this works on all geforce cards . Good luck ,and aim high ...lol ...lame -trey

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
And where do you acredit this information?
You should've just provided a link to download coolbits...which is free

·
Registered
15 Posts
it wouldnt let me save my freq. when i click test changes after it tests it says something like test fail go back to default settings....

·
Registered
907 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horo

it wouldnt let me save my freq. when i click test changes after it tests it says something like test fail go back to default settings....

that means your settings were to high and not safe :]

·
Registered
15 Posts
but its running on stock freq. no matter how much i move it it says that so that means im not able to overclock it at all then?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horo

but its running on stock freq. no matter how much i move it it says that so that means im not able to overclock it at all then?

I managed to figure out my cards max settings. Go to your Clock Frequency Settings, then select Manual. Now click Optimal Frequencies and have it test it. If the test fails set your GPU to Non-Overclocking, reboot your system and then give it a shot. If you actually manage to get it, be sure your gpus temperture doesn't exceed the temperature of 60C. Mines 50-51C on full load. I've only tested it a little. I'll post the test/ stability resualts later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solarcaine

I managed to figure out my cards max settings. Go to your Clock Frequency Settings, then select Manual. Now click Optimal Frequencies and have it test it. If the test fails set your GPU to Non-Overclocking, reboot your system and then give it a shot. If you actually manage to get it, be sure your gpus temperture doesn't exceed the temperature of 60C. Mines 50-51C on full load. I've only tested it a little. I'll post the test/ stability resualts later.

i tried what you said and i guess i just cant OC mines... just wasnt lucky enough i guess but then i did get to unlock all my Pipelines so thats cool thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts