Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I play a game on one monitor and view the Internet on another at the same time? I want to surf this forum and play Bc2 at the same time but when I play the game it doesn't let my mouse carry over to the next screen,.

Thanks

Please use descriptive titles.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Try windowed mode or windowed full screen mode. I haven't played BC2

Should be in your graphics/display option section in the game

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know how to boot a game in Window'ed mode?

Sorry, I am new to gaming in general..

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Alt+Tab not work for you?

·
13,102 Posts
Sadly when an application is in fullscreen, if you move the mouse outside of the window and click, it will minimize the game.

As the others have said, you need to run the game in windowed mode. This can be changed using the "Video Settings" menu in the game. I'm pretty sure BC2 had the option to run Windowed, I don't have it front of my to check.

A quick search on Google led me to this article:

http://learnreverseengineering.com/2010/12/run-battlefield-bad-company-2-windowed-full-screen/

It shows you how to change to windowed mode, and even remove the Windows border around the game so you can play is in semi-fullscreen

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alt-Tab does work, but as soon a I click in game it opens it to full screen again. I will try alt-enter. Thanks.

·
13,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd View Post

Thanks all! +rep

Fixed it
smile.gif
What did you end up doing?

·
13,102 Posts

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again. This is my first time with a multi-monitor setup and I am LOVING it!

·
Registered
497 Posts
To watch a youtube video without it minimizing from full screen while on your other monitor can be acquired by clicking the pop-out feature and maximizing it... Couldn't figure that one out until recently.. just some good info/thnx for rep

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the tip. I love dual screens, even though one is double the size of the other =P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts