Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to the track tomorrow and I am going to be recording some footage of me driving. I have two views from two different cameras, one on the dash, and one behind the rear seats showing the cabin/driver. How would I put a small view of the cabin/driver inside the video of the dash cam? Or I guess I should ask, what program should I use? I am looking for something free, doesn't matter if it's a trial, I don't need it for long term use.

Something like this:

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
I had a program called video editing magic that allowed me to do that. Have not used it in a long time, but you might see if it is still available.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Here is the tut for you....

Ok, first you want to get both clips in your timeline and have your project settings all configured...

Next pull your PIP clip onto another track and sync it up with your main clip. After that you will want to right click the PIP clip and go group > clear which will make the audio and video track independent of each other. Then right click the audio track and delete it. **Pro Tip: It is much easier to sync with the audio then with the video

So after you have your clips synced up and the audio deleted you will want to click on the pan/crop button on the PIP clip.

So after you do that you will get this pop up screen for pan / crop. Then right click on the clip and Match Output Aspect.

Lastly you will want to change around the pan / crop box until you get the desired effect. To see more of the work area roll back on the mouse wheel and then you can expand the box to make the clip smaller, and move it around to get the clip where you want it.

Happy Editing !! Any questions just PM or post below.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts