Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a way to create a recovery partition (not the physical partition, I'll be doing this when I load the OS). What I'd like to achieve is a separate partition, which can be executed at boot [ex. "Press (f-key) to recover] in order recover the operating system AND other software installed on the machine.

The other requirement is FREE software. I'm not looking for an Acronis or Norton's solution. Thanks.

·
AKA StubbornGreek
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
CloneZilla is alot like Norton and will allow you to make a Restore Partition. Best part, it's FOSS.
This looks great. The only thing I don't see in the details is how one would access the recovery partition during boot (I probably just missed the details - I'll check again).

Are there any others like this out there?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tr8rjohnk
View Post

This looks great. The only thing I don't see in the details is how one would access the recovery partition during boot (I probably just missed the details - I'll check again).

Are there any others like this out there?

Clonezilla is all I know.

You might want to grab the Live CD w/Gparted

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

Clonezilla is all I know.

You might want to grab the Live CD w/Gparted

Yes, Gparted Live is amazing. Everytime I have trouble with my HDD or I need a partition I pop in the Gparted Live CD.

To use it, You'll need to install the iso to a CD/DVD and then reboot with the disk in your PC. A setup screen will follow that.

Good luck.

• Rep+
Reactions: tr8rjohnk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts