Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So, where to begin?

I'm building a new pc for my brother and i wanted to take the PSU and ram from his old case.
However i noticed that 2 pins in the 24 atx connector are burned up

In red the 12v pins - maybe dead? maybe just black?

I will remove them and clean them up but what if they are totally burned up? I dont want to put at risk the new cpu 1151 and gtx 980. Moreover the PSU is in good shape except the two pins.

Is there any tutorial/ guide on how to remove the 2 pins, cut them, solder 2 new one?

Best
smile.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Please list the name of the model and not the model number.

Edit: never mind found its a Real Power M which means its not worth trying to fix so throw it out.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Which is cheaper a new CPU/mobo or another PSU? If that PSU arced like that once who is to say it won't happen again.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latouffe View Post

However i would like to try (tight budget)

Many thanks
Its a 9 year old PSU.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latouffe View Post

Hi guys,

So, where to begin?

I'm building a new pc for my brother and i wanted to take the PSU and ram from his old case.
However i noticed that 2 pins in the 24 atx connector are burned up

In red the 12v pins - maybe dead? maybe just black?

I will remove them and clean them up but what if they are totally burned up? I dont want to put at risk the new cpu 1151 and gtx 980. Moreover the PSU is in good shape except the two pins.

Is there any tutorial/ guide on how to remove the 2 pins, cut them, solder 2 new one?

Best
smile.gif
^^ What He said +

I mean I wouldn't even try to fix that thing and just buy a new psu, You clearly don't want to put the 1151 CPU and 980 at risk... You have no choice otherwise one way or another you will eventually kill that cpu and 980 with that psu you have already..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts