Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this old computer and found it great to run gOS (google os). The one thing is the fan on the processor has trouble making it around all the way. I want to see what is causeing it to get stuck becuase running without the fan makes it get really hot.

THe fan is almost identicle to this one,
. Sorry its small, Only one I could find....

There are a bunch if black capacitors next to the tab im worried about hitting, this is the first time ive ever needed to remove a cpu fan

Does anyone know of how to remove this type? its not the screwdriver type like the others ive read about and has a smaller tab on the back locked onto a notched in a creme colored base.

If anyone asked the machine is a Emonster 8000B with a Pentium III and 256mb's of ram....

Thankyou,
Aiden

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
You need a flat-head screwdriver. Just push down on the metal tab and pull it off. You probably just need to put new thermal paste on there.
And rig a new fan on there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in between the slots on the large tab right? Thank you for the replie. Maybe I will find out whats stoping this from spinning becuase right now it is clicking so loud you can here it from the bottom floor of the house

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I got it off, there was plenty of paste. I couldn't figure out what got it stuck, it appears the motor may be stuck itself. Is it possible to put any fan on here as long as its the same type and size? I have another pc that is 110% dead and boots to windows 2000 1 out of every 20 try's that might have a similar processor fan.

EDIT: Well the other pc I atempted to salvage has a processor card insert for the older Pentium II's lol. Forget that Idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.