Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 3200 Posts

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127 View Post

He got denied access. He asked, and was shot down faster a twinkie at weight watchers meeting.
Why the hell?
You and him do so much for the folding community - why can't he have access to that?
It's not even a privilege more of a "responsibility" - it's embarrassing for the admins or whoever is in charge for denying him this access. It is also shameful that they are doing it - almost like not appreciating his work.

·
Premium Member
9,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Why the hell?
You and him do so much for the folding community - why can't he have access to that?
It's not even a privilege more of a "responsibility" - it's embarrassing for the admins or whoever is in charge for denying him this access. It is also shameful that they are doing it - almost like not appreciating his work.
I think its because he would have to have access to the Moderator's admin CP, and they don't like sharing that with non-moderators.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Quote:

I think its because he would have to have access to the Moderator's admin CP, and they don't like sharing that with non-moderators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWG View Post

I do have some work to do on reviewing FAT badges for last year, and a few other miscellaneous requests. I'm sure they will be approved shortly. Sorry for the delay.
then make the man a "mod" then!
His a decent enough bloke, with enough experience. Can't see the problem here - just bureaucracy.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
It all makes sense now...

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Soooo. BWG Folding Moderator, anubis and Axi as editors, arvidab as folding sherpa, and a bunch of groupies like myself then?
lmaosmiley.gif

I sense winning in that combination. So much would get done.

·
Bod ***s rock
22,856 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Why the hell?

The reason is he would most likely gain access to the full Admin panel (the one used by Admin, Chipp, ENTERPRISE and The_Manual), as you can imagine there is a need to keep access to the full panel limited.
Even forum mods do not have access to the award page, senior mods do but we don't have access to the tool to correctly issue the badges.

·
Premium Member
9,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

The reason is he would most likely gain access to the full Admin panel (the one used by Admin, Chipp, ENTERPRISE and The_Manual), as you can imagine there is a need to keep access to the full panel limited.
Even forum mods do not have access to the award page, senior mods do but we don't have access to the tool to correctly issue the badges.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Its still pretty much what I thought, they don't want to give BWG access because in order to do so he would get access to a whole host of other areas not needed for awarding the badges.

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts
Quote:

maybe it should be split then?
Somehow editors have certain level of access.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Quote:

Like Totally Dubbed has said, I think it would be a huge step in efficiency if the awards authority were shifted to a more 'local' staff member. With all the changes to the website I'm sure the full Admin have enough on their hands. Plus, from what I can see, the vast majority of award badges are for Folding milestones, it would make sense that an editor/moderator closer to the Folding secton would be in charge.

I know it'd be a tall-order changing up the various staff control panels to allow such a feature, but I can dream right?
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Thanks for stopping in and clarifying everything Bitemarks! Help smooth over us rowdy Folders!

·
TotallydubbedHD on YT
11,564 Posts

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
5,013 Posts
Quote:

Also think of the future.
More people - more folders - more hassle - more problems - more time taken for approving folding related things
Exactly^

"But guys, you might as well let it go, the Day that the Higher-Ups or Staff listen to us mere Mortals, is a Day that will never come."
teaching.gif

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
Rather it would depend on the architecture.
If Huddler doesn't allow for such flexibility in terms of access control, it can't be done. Or, to be more precise, the efforts put into doing this will outweigh by a wide margin the efforts needed to manually award badges.

I speak because I've collided with this problem on a platform for a custom built web-based catalogue I work with. It forced us to change the platform, and even those efforts (read: exporting, formatting, importing, stress- and proof-testing of millions of records, not over-exaggerating, with every other index holding different categories and sub-parameters) were less than the ones needed in order to remodel the old platform to allow for finer grained access control.

·
Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
5,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

If Huddler doesn't allow for such flexibility in terms of access control, it can't be done. Or, to be more precise, the efforts put into doing this will outweigh by a wide margin the efforts needed to manually award badges.

I speak because I've collided with this problem on a platform for a custom built web-based catalogue I work with. It forced us to change the platform, and even those efforts (read: exporting, formatting, importing, stress- and proof-testing of millions of records, not over-exaggerating, with every other index holding different categories and sub-parameters) were less than the ones needed in order to remodel the old platform to allow for finer grained access control.
I concur, but I am sure you will agree, while it might require more effort then the end result would warrant, it would certainly help out the [email protected] masses.
nerdsmiley.png

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline View Post

Quote:

I concur, but I am sure you will agree, while it might require more effort then the end result would warrant, it would certainly help out the [email protected] masses.
nerdsmiley.png
yessir.gif

I am looking forward to exploring such a possibility.

·
technologist
4,521 Posts
Looking for my 8 million badge.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Quote:

Done it hundreds of times on this platform, very easy to limit or extend access beyond the "Default" if you know what you are doing.

41 - 60 of 3200 Posts