Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna run physX with my sig rig. Got a BFG 9600GT oc2 from a friend who's psu died on him so he has no need for the gpu... Have it here lying around and not sure how to set it up for PhysX.

Anyone willing to make and input on the steps needed? and if I will get an increase in performance, ie. benches, physX capable games etc etc..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, i installed drivers and installed physX patch and still dont get any control panel option or anything. all i see for nVidia is this

i see nothing else regarding to nVidia, when i go into the files on my comp its empty soo im guessing something went wrong?

EDIT: Also noticed that in the readme for the path it said for driver ver 19x.xx im using the drivers specified to download in the first link posted which are 181.71 could this be the prob? for patching all i did was run it and click backup and cake, then clicked burn and restarted the pc

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hmm...

1. What nvidia driver version did you install?
2. What physX crack version did you use (cake)
3. Is there anything connected to your nvidia GPU (extra monitor, dummy plug, etc.)?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pipnasty View Post
Hmm...

1. What nvidia driver version did you install?
2. What physX crack version did you use (cake)
3. Is there anything connected to your nvidia GPU (extra monitor, dummy plug, etc.)?
Ans:

1. 181.71
2. PhysX mod 1.02
3. Nope nothing connected to the card, should i try and connect another moniter to it ?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzle View Post
Ans:

1. 181.71
2. PhysX mod 1.02
3. Nope nothing connected to the card, should i try and connect another moniter to it ?
Hmmm, i know that the PhysX mod 1.02 works for nvidia driver version 195.XX, try using the PhysX mod 1.01. But before that, try attaching a second monitor to the Nvidia card. From what I remember, if nothing is connected to the card, it's control panel won't show and you won't be able to turn on physX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBlackn View Post
Is PhysX even useful? Like do you notice a difference?
Yes, but only on physX games and 3dmark vantage (cpu score)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hooked up another moniter, switched to it as primary display and got it up and running but another prob occurs, when i right click and go to nVidia control panel nothing loads, what could be the problem here? and any links to download physX patch 1.01?

Also when i try to repatch with 1.02 i get an error saying there is something running and preventing this from applyinh, so i go into taskmanager and close everything with "nv" in it and still i get the same respose when i try to patch

·
Registered
483 Posts
I also made a guide for using physX (see sig), maybe you could drop-by and look at some of the steps. Hmm.. I think you still have to extend the display. It's part 7 of my guide.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got it to work, wel kinda, clicked extend display and ticked make my main display for my ati moniter and it was working until i restarted and plugged out my 2nd moniter (on the 9600gt) soo now in gpu-z it tells me physX is disabled so im not sure what to do, i cant keep a 2nd moniter hooked up 24/7 as its for another pc

EDIT: i notice in your thread u used nvidia physx drivers , i didnt install these, all i used was the gpu drivers and physX patch... so i need physX drivers?

·
Registered
483 Posts
you have to have something plugged into the nvidia card, otherwise it won't run. if you can't use the second monitor, try making a dummy plug.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts