Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to ship out 3x 23" monitors.. (my sig equipment) The UPS store told me it would cost 37.96 each to package... not including shipping.. So I'd like to buy the materials separately and do it myself.. Whats the best way to package them?

A layer of bubble wrap and then packing pellets? no real idea..

I wish i had kept the dell boxes with packaging

Any help would be appreciated, I have to get them out Saturday !

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
In my opinion, what you want to do is secure the frame to the box and leave some space between the screen and the box so that if you put pressure on the side of the box the screen won't get damaged.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When i had a monitor sent to me the way the guy packaged it was by putting an unfolded box across the screen for some protection then bubble wrapped the crap out of it. Got to me in KY from CO just fine. So basically it was a monitor floating in bubble wrap, inside of a box.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about wrapping? bubble wrap or packing pellets? what mixture.. Should I use Styrofoam like dell does?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well I ordered an entire package from this guy so I had the monitor, pc and everything all in 1 huge box. So there was bubble wrap around the monitor as mentioned then packing pellets/peanuts to fill the the gaps and keep things from moving around.

Edit:
YouTube- Packing a Computer Monitor Its a cheezy video and they use a crt but you could try the product they are using called instapack. Seems pretty nifty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts