Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my memory is supposed to be at 8-8-8-24, cpu-z tells me its at 9-9-9-24. does this make a difference? Is it going to affect the systems performance?

·
Registered
533 Posts
i doubt youll notice the difference aside from synthetic benchmarks. you can always go into bios and manually change the memory speed and timings to the manufacturer's stated speed and timings. i suspect you have your ram settings set to auto.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the timing yes, the mhz speed no. the default on my mobo is 1066 mhz not what your memory speed is that you have put it. So i had to manually adjust the speed to 1600mhz, that is why i was wondering about the timing. I saw the timing i have now isnt far off from what it needs to be, so i thought i would ask. Im a bit ignorant with memory! thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know how to adjust the memory timing with an Asus mobo. there are so many options to change and i dont want to mess anything up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolintention View Post
the timing yes, the mhz speed no. the default on my mobo is 1066 mhz not what your memory speed is that you have put it. So i had to manually adjust the speed to 1600mhz, that is why i was wondering about the timing. I saw the timing i have now isnt far off from what it needs to be, so i thought i would ask. Im a bit ignorant with memory! thanks
yup, my memory defaults to 1066 after a failed OC. just change them manually, both timings and frequency and youre set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well since you have the same mobo as i do, can you run methrough how to adjust the timing, because there multiple options when i go into the memory timing section on the setup screen. Thanks & Sorry

·
Registered
533 Posts
well, when you're in bios, where ever you see 9-9-9 simply change it to 8-8-8. dont change anything else and you should be fine. here's an example

since the mb has the memok feature, it trys to run the memory at a low frequency with lose timings (useful if you mix and match different memory modules)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts