Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywar View Post

I have four Noctua NF-F12 PWM's that I want to use in a push- pull config with a Corsair H100. Could someone direct me to how to set up the fans?
What exactly do you need help with?

There are arrows pointing on the side of the fans which way the air is flowing in - put two on one side sucking fresh air in from outside of the case, and 2 on the other side facing the same direction. Two fans are pushing air into the radiator, and two fans are pulling air off of the radiator.

If you're looking for mounting suggestions, you may want to search specifically for your case + h100. The h100 comes with all of the hardware you will need - don't forget to use the washers.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetics1 View Post

What exactly do you need help with?
There are arrows pointing on the side of the fans which way the air is flowing in - put two on one side sucking fresh air in from outside of the case, and 2 on the other side facing the same direction. Two fans are pushing air into the radiator, and two fans are pulling air off of the radiator.
If you're looking for mounting suggestions, you may want to search specifically for your case + h100. The h100 comes with all of the hardware you will need - don't forget to use the washers.
Maybe I have mine setup wrong...why would you want to have that air go back into your case?

I have mine setup to push the heat from the radiator out of my case.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well, the idea is that you want fresh (cooler) air from outside of your case going through your radiator.

If you have it setup to pull warmer air from inside of your case, it will help cool your other components, but you won't be getting the lowest possible temperature for your CPU alone.

The ideal situation would be to mount it outside of your case completely, but obviously this isn't cosmetically the best way to do it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I just did some quick research. A lot of people prefer my method (Exhaust) as compared to (Intake) due to the warmer air being pushed down on your graphics card. But intake does work better for some people, depends on the airflow in your case. Hope that helped

·
Registered
897 Posts
There are some fans where restriction can create noise..

The first time I was recommended to have my 120mm as intake where as my 200mm would pull all the air away..
Yeah, there was this stupid noise that I couldn't even bear for a second.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post

I just did some quick research. A lot of people prefer my method (Exhaust) as compared to (Intake) due to the warmer air being pushed down on your graphics card. But intake does work better for some people, depends on the airflow in your case. Hope that helped
Right, depending on the cooling of your graphics cards. If you have reference designs, which typically are pulling air from the inside of the case and exhausting it out the back, you wouldn't be pushing hot air back to your CPU. If you had an aftermarket design that pushed air and heat off the card into your case, you wouldn't want to re-use that air to run through your radiator. Does that make sense?

Basically in a nutshell, it's situational depending on what your cooling priorities are.

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post

You could always spend $15 for the UN Bay Rad Brackets and put the rad into the 5.25" drive bays(if there is enough space) and then if you have a top exhaust fan that would be taking the air off your rad and exhausting it before it could really heat your case up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts