1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple - check with the company who certifies the PSU

Ecos Plug Load Solutions:

http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80P...rSupplies.aspx

Hardware secrets recently (5/10/2010) did an article showing companies that have fake PSU 80PLUS certificates.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...us-Badges/1054

So when buying a new PSU - double check with the above link that the model you want is definitetly certified with the 80PLUS certificate!

EDIT - WARNING 80PLUS cert doesn't mean the PSU you have is guaranteed amazing but it is worth checking to see if the one you are buying is as efficient as it makes out!

EDIT2 - Added USEFUL Excel spreadsheet with hyperlinks to PDF of each PSU

·
Banned
2,902 Posts
While you there at hardware secrets read the why 99 percent of psu reviews cant be trusted lol
Those links to some of the reviews on there funny as hell

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

WARNING - a 80 plus certificate does not mean your PSU is good!!!!

There are experts in OCN (example TwoCables, Shilka or Phaedrus2129) - they talk sense and only try to look after your PC and to help guide you in making the right decision. I suggest LISTEN and make an informed decision.

Good Luck!

·
Senior OCN Member
39,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitche01 View Post

Bump

WARNING - a 80 plus certificate does not mean your PSU is good!!!!

There are experts in OCN (example TwoCable or Phaedrus2129) - they talk sense and only try to look after your PC and to help guide you in making the right decision. I suggest LISTEN and make an informed decision.

Good Luck!
What i dont count?

Joke aside i have always said 80 plus is not something you sould base your buy on

I know just that both does better and worse then its 80 plus rating

·
Senior OCN Member
39,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitche01 View Post

Ego boosted...
Was a joke i dont think i am that known a user

But back on topic did you know that the Raidmax AE is overrated it really cant do 80 plus gold

If we look at the other end both the NZXT HALE 90 V1 and the Cooler Master V are rated 80 plus gold but can do 80 plus platinum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts