Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres nothing on it.. i got it in a broken PC i picked up.. it has to be fairly new.. has 2x6pin GPU plugs, guy i got it from said he forgot... is there any way to tell what it is??? no brand name either.. but it looks..."nice" so like not a stock one.. something aftermarket, blue LED lights and a 3speed fan switch..

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearSC549
View Post

Doubt inside would have any useful information.

Get a multimeter.

The ratings of the rectifying bridge, primary switchers, and schottkys can tell us a great deal about a power supply's capabilities.

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,669 Posts
some of them if you do open them, have the wattage marked on the circut board...or at least OCZ's **** psu's do

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearSC549
View Post

Doubt inside would have any useful information.

Get a multimeter.

We might be able to identify the base platform, if so then yes we could. If you wanted to get technicall I'm sure we could at least identify the quality of the parts.

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timf808
View Post

t... but it looks..."nice" so like not a stock one.. something aftermarket, blue LED lights and a 3speed fan switch..

Most all decent PSU's have a thermal or load regulated fan. If it has a switch, more than likely junk IMO.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blupupher
View Post

Most all decent PSU's have a thermal or load regulated fan. If it has a switch, more than likely junk IMO.

the antec TPQ-1200OC has a fan speed over ride nob.

and a multimeter would tell you next to nothing other than voltages not wattage.
you should check the internal components, or at least post a picture of the unit/internals for one of our many power supply guru's to identify.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Usually the heavier the better, 2x 6-pin usually says it's around 550w+ range.

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dracotonisamond
View Post

the antec TPQ-1200OC has a fan speed over ride nob.

Well, I did say "more than likely junk" not "are junk"

Their is always an exception or 2.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skarm View Post
Usually the heavier the better, 2x 6-pin usually says it's around 550w+ range.
No.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts