Overclock.net banner

301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have palit (dual fan) gtx 1060 6gb and i flashed it with a bios for Palit (jetstream) gtx 1060 6b, and the display started acting up, flickering and stuff and then i restarted the PC and now the card doesn't post (i write this using iGPU). I reflashed back to correct bios that i found on techpowerup.com but still not problem solved.

Edit: ok, the problem was old bios from 2016 (not compatible with new nvidia drivers and windows 10), i reflashed a new bios from 2018 (unverified from techpowerup) and now gpu works again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, when flashing my xfx rx-480 4gb has been blocked and I have a black screen in any of the two bios that I select, I have installed in a computer with integrated graphics and it does not start the bios. I tried with a bridge on pins 1-8 of one of the bios chips or on the other or both at the same time and the same result constantly restarts the computer without arriving to load the bios of the motherboard. I'm lost and I don't know how to fix it, if anyone has any ideas I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to get it to recognize the adapter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screemi View Post

Hi

i already posted in the polaris bios mod thread but found this one while googling. maybe it's the better place to discuss my problem

no i found the following quote in the comments of the 8-1 pin method:
that seems to be the case for my card. does anybody have an idea how to fix it apart of the pin shortening?

if not i have to go the pin route. does anybody have an idea where the bioschip of the strix 480 is located? after some googling i found a picture of the back of the pcb but the resolution is not that high. i marked the ic i suspect to be the bios.

€dit:

I tried atiflash 4.17 from 2013 but i get a "adapter not found". any other dos versions i can try?

€dit: i used every force string available with atiflash and what can i tell you: The freaking Card is up and running again!!!! should have tried that earlier. already got my solder iron ready
biggrin.gif

Was that the correct chip? Which is pin 1 and pin 8?
How did you get it to recognize the GPU? Mine's still prompts "adapter not found". Tried unlock rom and force commands but nothing.

·
Registered
B550 AORUS MASTER, 3700X, 32GB g.Skill DDR4-3200 (@3800MT/s; 16-[16/12]-12-28), XFX RX 5500 XT
53 Posts
i hate to ressurrect topic but
maybe it will help fellow googlers
ATI ATIFlash / AMD VBFlash (2.93) Download
techpowerups UEFI Shell Version allowed me to flash bricked card.
in windows version no matter what i did, "error reading from ROM" was the message.
i can't recall the exact syntax
amdvbflash -p 0 romname.rom
if i recall correctly.
I know I find what you're saying useful! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
First thank you for your step by step instruction. But I followed it and could'nt flash my briked amd rx 5700 xt gpu! maybe my bootable usb does'nt work! the question is that after pressing f8 and choosing bootable usb the windows is loaded? and flash occurs in windows envirnment? if yes, cmd cannot find the gpu via -I and I cannot flash it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hate to ressurrect topic but
maybe it will help fellow googlers
ATI ATIFlash / AMD VBFlash (2.93) Download
techpowerups UEFI Shell Version allowed me to flash bricked card.
in windows version no matter what i did, "error reading from ROM" was the message.
i can't recall the exact syntax
amdvbflash -p 0 romname.rom
if i recall correctly.
Thank you so much! I’ve been trying for 8 hours straight and the problem was that I was using the windows version of atiflash, not the UEFI. I honestly cannot thank you enough. Hope you’re doing good🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have palit (dual fan) gtx 1060 6gb and i flashed it with a bios for Palit (jetstream) gtx 1060 6b, and the display started acting up, flickering and stuff and then i restarted the PC and now the card doesn't post (i write this using iGPU). I reflashed back to correct bios that i found on techpowerup.com but still not problem solved.

Edit: ok, the problem was old bios from 2016 (not compatible with new nvidia drivers and windows 10), i reflashed a new bios from 2018 (unverified from techpowerup) and now gpu works again.
hey can u contact me on discord to help me out

301 - 312 of 312 Posts