Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I highly suggest to > Simply read the reviews underneath the Item.
P.S I saw one comment saying his/her did not unlock.

These days...It's dificult to find unlockable cards.. You seem to have a PCI-E Slot, try investing a little more money for a GTO2 that may be unlockable. Higher percentile than GTO

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was reading on the sapphire forums that the GTO only needs something called a softcore mod (assuming nothing to hard like something in the bios) whereas the GTO2 needs to be done manually and thats the only detail they went into that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Softcore modding> Softmodding, use this term.
Softmoddable cards require unlockable cards. In order to SoftMod the card to 16 pipelines, it must not be factory locked and the Diefuses are "F"

Based on my earlier post, there might be a good chance that the GTO cards is LOCKED, meaning it cannot be softmodded due to factory last cuts. Its permanently locked and cannot be modded in any way. These cards are rare especially for the GTO. The GTO2 can be modded, the last time i checked was about a month ago. And Sapphire forums? post a link of the website... (My first impression of the site your referring to seems not straitfoward. GTO2 manually?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also ATI says this card is crossfire capable i just wanted to be sure

·
Registered
895 Posts
go to newwegg and look up sapphire GTO, you'll see pretty much all the different GTO models offered. The GTO2's sans vivo and power connectors are x800 xl's rebadged, the GTO2's with vivo and power connector and dual DVI are the ones to get as these are the r480 based versions (x850 xt pe). They will clock better than the r430 based cards. All newer models have 16pipes now without flashing (at least so far) and are reasonable at just sub $200. The older GTO2's might still be locked at 12p but most should unlock but lack DVI and sometimes vivo but should still have a power connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts