Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my dual moniters setup but i dont know how to set it up so that i can have a game running on one, and my desktop with IE, AIM, etc. on the other? Anyone that can walk me through it?

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, i want the game to run on the main moniter and then my IE, AIM, etc. on the 2nd moniter, ive seen my friend do it how is it not possible? i just cant contact him to ask him.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
rig the two monitors up using the windows display settings - so one is next to the other and when your ready to go on your game just drag the stuff across to the second monitor

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
when a game plays in fullscreen mode, other monitors are disabled, unless the game specifically support multi monitor setups, such as a flight sim

your alternative is to run the game in windowed mode but size the window up to be about the size of one screen, then everything on the other monitor should still be viewable

·
Registered
661 Posts
The program i suggested in the other post allows for the Start menu on both screens.... You can run a game on one screen, but as soon as you have ur mouse on the other screen and click, counter strike minimizes...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madr0x

I finally got my dual moniters setup but i dont know how to set it up so that i can have a game running on one, and my desktop with IE, AIM, etc. on the other? Anyone that can walk me through it?

Does your GPU support nVidia nView,Dual view,Clone view etc? You can set up a wide variety of possibilities. You can use the nView Display settings to set the #1 primary #2 secondary monitors opposite and in Dual View mode you can set up each monitors resolution, color, etc independent of each other etc. It takes some prctice working through all the settings possible tp get your desired goal. good luck

·
Registered
661 Posts
Man... Your making it hard on ur self... download Ultramon.!!!

Great Program.. Allows you to strech a background onto the 2 monitors, or have each one a diff. picture..

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madr0x

is it possible to get a taskbar on the 2nd moniter?

Absolutley, in my post, it gives you the program you need.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
i use ultramon...it rocks! HIGHLY recommended program

·
Registered
253 Posts
i use nvidia's nview. Its been working like a dream and lets you fine tune to your hearts desire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts