Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now, if i use this pelt, what am i gonna need to do to hook it up to the waterblock? am i gonna need to put paste in between the block, TEC, and CPU? i know i'm gonna have to put it in between the TEC and CPU, but am i gonna need to put it between the waterblock and TEC?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

now, if i use this pelt, what am i gonna need to do to hook it up to the waterblock? am i gonna need to put paste in between the block, TEC, and CPU? i know i'm gonna have to put it in between the TEC and CPU, but am i gonna need to put it between the waterblock and TEC?

1st question, yes, you will need a waterblock to cool it.

2nd question, thermal paste helps the heat transfer, so its most likely a yes to putting thermal paste between the waterblock and TEC.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, #1 wasn't much of a kwestion, i'm not that much of a noob, notice i said what am i gonna need to hook it up to the block, not if i'm gonna need one...it's all good though....but thanks. the project should get underway in about a few weeks, so i'm gonna be splashing soon.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
doh, sorry bout that, I wasn't implying you were a noob.

I didnt read your post, I scanned it.

The waterblock's retention mechanism will hold the pelt in place between the water block and the cpu...so no worries there.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, sounds good. i needa fab the water block yet, and then i'm off to the races, i think i might be able to get by with my 112's mounting bracket and bolts/nuts as well, that'd be awesome... we'll see, though, as it still is up in the air...if i can get the block fabbed up, maybe the parents will chip in for the rest of the system....lol

wow....1500 posts already...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts