Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there
rolleyes.gif

I'm planning to get a PS4 and have it hooked to the same 1440p monitor that my PC use - (achiva shimian - single DVI)
My question is, Is there a way to make the 1080p ps4 image centered? I played few games on my PC using 1080p just to see how good would it look using a PS4! unfortunately the scaled image didn't look good at all. however the centered image looked ok! So is there any configuration I can do to get this working even if I had to get my PC involved in the process! I got 7970 cf with 1 DVI - 2 mini ports - hdmi port each.

Any help is greatly appreciated
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If I recall correctly the PS4 is supposed to support up to the so-called "4k" resolution for video playback, not sure about games but something tells me it'll look "okay"? Haven't really researched about it yet since there's a lot of rumor and speculation going about, especially about BF4 running 720p, but yeah, you're gonna have to do some configuration to do before everything works out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
PS4 and XB1 wont have games too support it for a [email protected] will have more 2k compatible games sooner and more arcade and indie games THE DEVS SET THE RESOLUTION.... they both will support HDMI1.4 out so 1080p @120 or [email protected] MAX

btw ps3 and xb in almost all games ARE 720P @ 40fps... some 60

PC supports Display port 192hzHZ OR [email protected]+
expect xb and a ps4.5 when HDMI 2.0 and the new display cable comes next year
HDMI 2 [email protected] 120HZ [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts